Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update downloading stuck since several days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

The 2022.16.3 software update is stuck at 53% since 5 days now. My Tesla is connected to my wifi and I already tried to gars reboot it.

What is weird, is that I have the green arrow showing, but no update available in the settings menu. But on the mobile app, I do see the software update.

So questions:
- why am I seeing an ongoing software update on the mobile app?
- why it is stuck a 53% since 1 week?
- why my car is saying no software update available but showing a green arrow icon?

Thanks for you help guys.

Attachments

• FD42C64E-EB59-4DAC-AB1A-092A38CD11C5.jpeg
    FD42C64E-EB59-4DAC-AB1A-092A38CD11C5.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,706
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 929
- why it is stuck a 53% since 1 week?
Things can get stuck/crash on computers sometimes so that is not unusual. A good designed system would automatically solve that problem for you.

You should call or book up an appointment with Service Center and request them to reset it for you because you could not. Usually, they could do it over the air so you don't have to drive your car in.

- why my car is saying no software update available but showing a green arrow icon?

There are 2 parts:

1) Downloading
2) Installation

It would download first (green arrow icon part). Once the download is successful, it will say "software update available". Right now it is stuck at 53% so it is not available for you to install.

Last edited:
Things can get stuck/crash on computers sometimes so that is not unusual. A good system would automatically solve that problem for you.

You should call or book up an appointment with Service Center and request them to reset it for you because you could not. Usually, they could do it over the air so you don't have to drive your car in.

There are 2 parts:

1) Downloading
2) Installation

It would download first (green arrow icon part). Once the download is successful, it will say "software update available". Right now it is stuck at 53% so it is not available for you to install.
Get it, thanks for your answer. I will request a SC appointment

Mine got stuck at 50% for well over 12 hours. I was afraid to reboot the car knowing how well software updates are best not interrupted on computers these days. I'm also not sure that I should drive the car while this effort is underway. Perhaps we can drive the car during the 'download' phase, but not during the 'update' phase. I am not that familiar with the terminology they use to know for sure it was safe to reboot or not, or drive or not. I errored on the side of caution.

I opted to open a service request. I selected 'other' category. I selected a mobile appointment. I described my problem and submitted the request.

Within 10 minutes they had cancelled my appointment and messaged me that they had reset my car, and scheduled another download for later today.

I have other friends who have Teslas longer than I. They hadn't experienced this problem before. I guess I'm just lucky.

Reactions: Bogd
I've rebooted by car during the download of 2022.20.7 as it seemed stuck at 50% whereas all my other downloads had never blocked so long. After wifi connected again it restarted the download and again seemed to jam at 50%. I left it alone and it eventually finished later that day. It wasn't jammed but it was certainly slowing down drastically at or around 50% ...

Mine got stuck at 50% for well over 12 hours. I was afraid to reboot the car knowing how well software updates are best not interrupted on computers these days. I'm also not sure that I should drive the car while this effort is underway. Perhaps we can drive the car during the 'download' phase, but not during the 'update' phase. I am not that familiar with the terminology they use to know for sure it was safe to reboot or not, or drive or not. I errored on the side of caution.

I opted to open a service request. I selected 'other' category. I selected a mobile appointment. I described my problem and submitted the request.

Within 10 minutes they had cancelled my appointment and messaged me that they had reset my car, and scheduled another download for later today.

I have other friends who have Teslas longer than I. They hadn't experienced this problem before. I guess I'm just lucky.
Are you able to provide the link to request a mobile appointment please

Thanks for that! Mine was stuck at 1% for over 2 days. I created a service request in the Tesla app, and the update started downloading again within 30 minutes.

Odd thing: no one ever contacted me to say that anything was done, and there is no record of this service request in my service history. Maybe it was too trivial a fix for them to even bother logging. But the software downloaded and installed just fine, so I'm happy.

Reactions: cfl246tho