Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Tesla Y on September 17, 2021 and my current software version is 2021.11.103. I am connected to WiFi, what should my current version be? Thank you.

Depending on your goal. If you are an FSD owner or renter and want the FSD beta Request button, then you should need 2021.32.22 .

If you are not an FSD owner or renter, then there's no hurry.

New cars are usually very behind on current firmware.

Make sure on the software menu in your car's display that you want "Advance" and not "Standard" if you want to reduce the wait.

Upvote 0
Based on anecdotal evidence, the "vision only" cars with new "factory" versions of firmware were also "stuck" until 2021.32 came out and I've seen a few threads where people are talking about finally getting their first update after 40, 50, or 60+ days.

Upvote 0
I have HDW3- MC-1- with FSD I am still on version 2020.48.37.8. The last two updates did not move me any closer to FSD. I wonder if MC-1 is up tp the task. I was in the advanced group receiving updates early for the first 2 and one half years and then I dropped to last. Anyone else having this problem.

Upvote 0
My current software is 2022.8.3 which is not the latest although my car says it is current. Why would that happen? Are they sending software through the USPS?
The updates are slowly rolled out. Not everyone gets the newest software all at once. Actually, some cars get sent different versions while they are testing various things out. This way, if there's a major bug in one version, only a small portion of cars will be affected. It's frustrating, but that's how it works. You'll get the update when something on Tesla's end flags your car for a particular update.

Reactions: Hbrink
Upvote 0