Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update required contact tesla service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. My model 3 just updated to 2021.4.18.2. When I got into the car after the update, there's a red triangle with an exclamation point, and a constant notification "software update required contact tesla service."

There's no option for me to try to install another update. Rebooting the car did not help. The car seems to drive without issues.

I scheduled an appointment through the app and am waiting to hear back.

I assume the car is safe to drive at this point? (I'd assume there would be a more serious warning if the car was actually unsafe?)

Thanks!!

Hi. My model 3 just updated to 2021.4.18.2. When I got into the car after the update, there's a red triangle with an exclamation point, and a constant notification "software update required contact tesla service."

There's no option for me to try to install another update. Rebooting the car did not help. The car seems to drive without issues.

I scheduled an appointment through the app and am waiting to hear back.

I assume the car is safe to drive at this point? (I'd assume there would be a more serious warning if the car was actually unsafe?)

Thanks!!
did it complete the install?
Checking the software version will let you know. It could be something didn't finish correctly so will need the service center to reset it to reinstall.
If it wasn't safe to drive it would probably tell you.

Thanks everybody. It does seem to have completed the install. The version under software is 4.18.2. Currently I have an appointment with the Tesla service center for Thursday although it would not surprise me if they called and then tried to address it remotely.

Thanks everybody. It does seem to have completed the install. The version under software is 4.18.2. Currently I have an appointment with the Tesla service center for Thursday although it would not surprise me if they called and then tried to address it remotely.
once the tech has checked the logs they may be able to trigger the needed update remotely.
Something like that happened to my car, (indicators lost synch and quit blinking in time), the service tech showed up at the house and triggered the reset from his laptop then waited for it to complete to make sure it fixed the indicator issue - it did.

Hi, could you please tell me what happened on your last Thursday's visit ? I am having the same issue too

Hi, could you please tell me what happened on your last Thursday's visit ? I am having the same issue too

Hi. Sorry, only just checked back.

I scheduled a service center appointment via the app. They installed the software (same version) during the visit. The worker told me that when this happens you have to bring the car in to the service center to get the software installed. (As with everything, I believe what they say about 75%.) Once you've scheduled the service center appointment I think it would be worth messaging them through the app to see if this can be handled remotely so you don't have to waste your time. I didn't do that, but wish I did.

Good luck!