Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update today, Christmas Easter egg.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a software update today. Noticed a new Christmas Easter egg, merry Christmas to you too Elon.

Just say ho ho ho as a voice command and let the Holiday festivities ensue

The car turns into Santa sleigh, the road turns into a snowy trail. The snow comes down and speeds up the faster you go, and all the cars around you look like reindeer. As a bonus, when you turn the turn signals on you get jingle bells. Who could ask for a better Christmas present.
good day.

yday I updated my Tesla on 2017.50.2 (3bd9f6d).

but got warning msg: "limited A/C and battery cooling" (you can see on picture)
seems that yr msg a bit better than my :)

Attachments

• tesla msg.jpg
    tesla msg.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 79
I got out of the car, shut the doors, let the car still for +/- 20 seconds, and get back in. It works. I don't know what I would do on the highway though. We're leaving on a road trip now so let's hope nobody'll say those three words :p

I saw a Youtube video about it. They found that the Mars Rover is wearing a Santa hat.

Hehe, that was me. It was my own little Easter egg. I was waiting for someone to realize, but the Mars Rover had that already. It does look like a Santa hat though. Unfortunately it isn't.

The Easter egg inside the Easter egg is saying "Ho Ho Ho not funny". See that video below. We played around with it for over an hour before figuring it out.

Thanks Erik

Man, it’s the day after and I’m still waiting for a software update so I can enjoy the “Christmas” egg. Almost as hard as watching California owners that only recently bought a Model S/X get Model 3 delivery priority over those of us that happen to live outside the Golden State despite owning a Tesla for 5 years...
#firstworldproblems

By popular request Tesla changed the auto-unfold speed to 30 MPH.
Hmm. Out of curiosity, do you happen to know when that change occurred? I don't recall seeing it mentioned in the release notes.

While I think a change from 10 to 30 mph for auto-unfold is an improvement (e.g. you might need to be doing somewhere in between to cross a narrow bridge), it seems to be yet another change made without notice. I really want to know what behavior to expect from my car at all times, so there are no surprises while driving.