Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software v2018.10.2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of an S75D yesterday with the new MCU (yay!) and found that the software is not the 2018.10.4 version that everyone is raving about but rather version 2018.10.2. I checked the TeslaFi.com firmware page and it looks like only a small handful of vehicles have this version. Should I check with the service center about this or will 2018.10.4 come my way soon via OTA update?

Congratulations on the new car! Just echoing the comment above...software for the Tesla is not like for an iPhone, where there is usually one "most current" version that everyone updates to. Sometimes software releases are made for specific configurations of cars. The other thing to note is that as with all software, newer is not always better, although in this specific case it sounds like 2018.10.4 is a Good Thing (tm). :)

Bruce.

After having driven my new S75D for a couple of days now I think that the AP2 software may not be the updated version like 10.4. My car doesn't handle cresting hills very well, veering off to the right almost into another car once and ping ponging some. Lane changes are pretty abrupt as well. Hopefully10.2 will come to parity with 10.4 soon.

Took deliver 6 days ago, new MCU and updated to 10.2. Currently in a brand new loaner (parking brake fault on my car) with 10.4, vanity mirrors, and original MCU. I can confidently say that AP on 10.4 is much better than my MCU2 car with 10.2.

Side note, switching to MCU1 from MCU2 is pretty dramatic. The new MCU is just so much smoother and faster. This makes me really feel for those who just missed the updated hardware :(

• Informative
Reactions: jrad6515
Took deliver 6 days ago, new MCU and updated to 10.2. Currently in a brand new loaner (parking brake fault on my car) with 10.4, vanity mirrors, and original MCU. I can confidently say that AP on 10.4 is much better than my MCU2 car with 10.2.

Side note, switching to MCU1 from MCU2 is pretty dramatic. The new MCU is just so much smoother and faster. This makes me really feel for those who just missed the updated hardware :(

I guess the consolation prize is we got better Autopilot for a few days before you guys! I'm sure once the dust settles you'll be getting a rollout of the new Autopilot improvements too. Enjoy your new MCU though!

Yes! I have both of these issues on 10.2, glad to hear I’m not alone!

Interesting, seems like these issues are truly bugs in the current firmware.

I called in for tech support a bit earlier and they made me press and hold the 2 rotating buttons on either side of the steering wheel for 30 seconds to reset the screen. After that I was able to connect to WiFi (don't know if it will stay that way), but still not Summon. They said they would forward the issue to my service center. Hope they get this sorted out soon.

I took delivery of a MS 75D last week and am also on 10.2. My touchscreen is very responsive but I have no comparison to gauge if I have the new MCU or not. What is the best way to check what MCU my car has?

Firmware 10.2 is the current one for Model S vehicles with the new MCU (I called Tesla support to verify this), so you should have it. You can double check at this site: http://teslamcu.xyz

My friends tried to take delivery of a new S with new MCU2 and 10.2 yesterday and had to leave it because it was raining and the windshield wipers would not work. Tesla tries to do a factory reset and were unable to get the car to do the factory reset. They had to leave with a loaner. 10.2 seems to be very buggy from everything I have been reading.

• Informative
Reactions: lunitiks
Yep, to add to the mix...we picked up our new 100D yesterday. Lane change on autopilot does not work at all (reviewed settings, tried everything recommended on the forums); cannot connect to WiFi; cannot summon the car; autopilot behavior does not match 10.4 examples online (lane hunting after crests, car prefers following off ramps from the right lane, ping-ponging). I’m having trouble resetting the vehicle as mentioned above. No matter how long I hold the scroll wheels down, nothing happens. Hate calling service center on a Sunday...