Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software v21.13.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only one PW and plausible import / export data. That for the battery says:
energy_exported: 5958950
energy_imported: 6990200

which is consistent with the overall 85% efficiency I calculated a year or two ago (my battery has a relatively easy life particularly during the summer half of the year when it rarely gets below 50% charge).
Ok, so the issue that I saw may only be related to more than one Powerwall. One had the import/export counter left as-is and the other had the counters reset to zero.

“Powerwall systems enrolled in Tesla Energy Plan and Tesla Virtual Power Plant display more information about their programs in the app”

I’m seeing the more VPP information in my app today after it updated to v3.10.12 even with the Powerwalls still on v 20.49.0.

Looking forward to improved notifications…
4DC8284A-FD65-45CC-A5DA-969848E7C5CA.png
86746FCA-4053-4C0C-A9C6-F7F0C084E8D3.png

“Powerwall systems enrolled in Tesla Energy Plan and Tesla Virtual Power Plant display more information about their programs in the app”

I’m seeing the more VPP information in my app today after it updated to v3.10.12 even with the Powerwalls still on v 20.49.0.

Looking forward to improved notifications…
View attachment 665730
View attachment 665731
Do you happen to be in New England? I have Eversource as my power company and I recently (month or so ago) enrolled in Connected Solutions. However, I don't see the VPP settings in my app yet.

Interesting, you are the first to report this version. Must have only been released for the Powerwall+.
Possibly, but the build number also indicates it was likely created in the last month, so it might also just be starting its rollout. The 21.13 reports started showing up on the forum 4-5 weeks ago, and the build number would put that build as 7 weeks earlier.

My mind was not comprehending that 20 is greater than 13 when I wrote my earlier reply.
Yeah, I had to make sure I parsed it as week 20 and not an old (year 20) build. In any event, given the report in the PW+ thread of a bug with multiple PW+s, it could well be that is the main target of this build. It seems like past practice was to roll out to a small number first, including any specific targets, and eventually get it out to everybody (I am still on 20.49.0) but it will be interesting to see if they have reason to maintain separate software versions for PW vs PW+.

I’m in UK with 2x PW2 installed 2019 and late 2020. Like the original post we were on 20.49 and use the aggregate numbers from the PW2 through the API. In the last week the aggregates messed up on two occasions (battery went down and then site up a lot) We noticed firmware changed to 21.20. During the same period the overnight charging algorithm has been either not working or misjudging the amount of charge needed on the “Balanced” mode resulting in peak rate usage which was entirely avoidable normally. Last night we went through the off peak on empty and stayed empty and now I see that we are again back on 20.49!!!!
anybody else seen this or have any clue what is going on. We aren’t on TEP just standard setup with PV.