Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software version 17.34 2448cfc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The confusion, that if the car should take the lane to the right (which happens to be an offramp) or the one to the left (which happens to be the freeway's right most lane) should not be surprising to anyone.

How will the car know which one is the legitimate lane ? The car has to either choose the right line or left line as the primary line during these kind of decision making points. Quite rightly the car gives prominence to the line on the right, which I am sure is the right decision 9 out of ten times, but not an exit. Happens to be problem for both AP1 & 2

If you put on your thinking hat a bit, you won't be this frustrated.
Who's this frustrated? Who are you replying to? My car is now trying to exit where it didn't use to. I'm just warning people. I'm not frustrated, but I would be if this new behavior caused an accident. I don't need autopilot on a daily basis, but I like to play with it and see how it's doing. I'll just wait for the next version before I try it out on the right hand lane of the freeway again.

Surprise no one is claiming that you were lying that summon doesn't work perfectly. Tesla should pay for the damage their poorly functioning feature has caused. You would probably win in small claims court.
They should definitely pay for it and figure out from the logs what went wrong. They will probably say he should have been watching it like a hawk and should have stopped the car before it hit the garage. I think if anyone had been using summon without any problems for a few weeks they would most certainly quit watching it like hawk, so I don't blame kennybroh. I want to know how this turns out.

I use Summon daily (awkward garage spot) and watch it like a hawk.... but to AP2’s credit I’ve found that the AP2 ultrasonic sensors are much less likely to lose track of the wall when it drives too close to them, compared to AP1, where I have caught it on an occasion or two trying to make a sudden turn for the wall.

I use Summon daily (awkward garage spot) and watch it like a hawk.... but to AP2’s credit I’ve found that the AP2 ultrasonic sensors are much less likely to lose track of the wall when it drives too close to them, compared to AP1, where I have caught it on an occasion or two trying to make a sudden turn for the wall.
I have open shelving in my garage by which I mean it's more metal frame and open wire shelves and the ultrasonic sensors almost never reliably pick up when I'm near them. I can't trust summon one bit in that setting unfortunately :(

Reactions: 1 person
Who's this frustrated? Who are you replying to? My car is now trying to exit where it didn't use to. I'm just warning people. I'm not frustrated, but I would be if this new behavior caused an accident. I don't need autopilot on a daily basis, but I like to play with it and see how it's doing. I'll just wait for the next version before I try it out on the right hand lane of the freeway again.

Yes, replying to you and 15 other people who are frustrated with this.

I am not buying the argument that bugs were introduced to make this problem worse. Under some conditions this is more exacerbated. For example/

- when there is a lead car and you are following fairly close - say three car lengths - and if that car goes straight, yours will go straight too. If it taken an exit then your Tesla might tend to follow, and then correct itself once it gets a clear line of sight. The problem is exacerbated the more closer you are

- if there are no cars in front of you, as you approach the split. it depends on how centered you are, or does your car has left or right bias. If yours has left bias you are more likely to go straight.

At the end of the day there are situational parameters that drive the behavior, rather than bugs introduced in the code.