Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar happenings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do big electricity producers have to pay to put their electricity on electricity-infrastructure?
I thought clients payed it with their bills!
Independent power producers pay the capital cost of their interconnection and all required reinforcements of the transmission system. The price they are paid for their power also reflects transmission losses associated with delivering its power to load.

(The above statements are true in competitive wholesale markets. Your market may vary.)

City of Atlanta introduces an Electric Car Charging Station in Atlantic Station
electric-vehicle-charging-station.jpg

I have seen the same Volt there a lot. I think they live in one of the nearby apartments. It is free parking too where everywhere else costs after 2 hours.

When they first opened the Atlantic Station Charging site in the Fall of 2011, the plan was to start charging something like $3 per hour starting in January. If it is still free, I guess they rethought that idea.

I haven't been down there since really early January. The Volt was there. I didn't look that time to see if it was free though. It could be pay now. I noticed it was free in Nov/Dec tire frame.

Germany, China, US Could Install Record Amount of PV in 2012 : Greentech Media

Despite cuts in subsidy levels, Germany will install a record 8 gigawatts of photovoltaics in 2012, according to Germany's trade chamber, the DIHK. That's up slightly from the 7.5 gigawatts installed in 2011.

The United States finished 2011 with over 1.8 gigawatts of PV installed, according to GTM Research Managing Director Shayle Kann. In a sneak peak at 2012 forecasts to be revealed later this week, Kann and his team expect U.S. solar installations to approach 3 gigawatts in 2012.

Another article on Twin Creeks:

Startup Aims to Cut the Cost of Solar Cells in Half - Technology Review

Sivaram says that by greatly reducing the use of wire saws and related equipment and making thinner wafers, Twin Creeks reduces the amount of silicon needed by 90 percent and also greatly reduces capital costs. He says the technology can be added to existing production lines. The company's primary plan is to sell manufacturing equipment, rather than produce solar cells. "I expect that by this time next year, we'll have a half a dozen to a dozen of these tools in the field," he says.