Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SOLD - Baby Turtle - Roadster 1194

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
roadster driveway.jpg

Sad to announce that I've sold my 2011 Roadster Sport as of the end of this month. I think many of you were aware that I'd been considering selling ... new area of the country, heavy snow part of the year, and an X in the driveway - I just wasn't driving it like I should. Like it deserved.

I was contacted last week by an original Founders Roadster owner who was looking for this model/color & we found a mutually-agreeable price. He's excited to be getting it.

Really sad to see it go, but I know what a good home it's going to go to next. And it will be driven like it should be. And that makes me happy.

View attachment 227779

Sad to announce that I've sold my 2011 Roadster Sport as of the end of this month. I think many of you were aware that I'd been considering selling ... new area of the country, heavy snow part of the year, and an X in the driveway - I just wasn't driving it like I should. Like it deserved.

I was contacted last week by an original Founders Roadster owner who was looking for this model/color & we found a mutually-agreeable price. He's excited to be getting it.

Really sad to see it go, but I know what a good home it's going to go to next. And it will be driven like it should be. And that makes me happy.

At least she's going to a deserving home that will take her out more often.

Reactions: bonnie
Like losing a best friend
Honestly, it's killing me to let this car go. But I'd decided awhile ago that it was time to sell.

I've been putting it off, as I'm sure everyone can understand. Getting the call, knowing it would be going to a great home where it will be appreciated and loved - well, not everyone gets that opportunity.

I didn't know that buying a Roadster would end up introducing me to an entire community of great people and turn me into an EVangelist. Selling my Roadster will not change that. The people who make up the Roadster forum are the best on TMC. This community is a 'can do' and impassioned about EVs and the impact on the world. So hopefully I can still hang out over here :).

We've been toying with selling and upgrading our early Model S but can't bear it. I imagine it must be so much harder for the car that launched Tesla.

The current thinking is get the new roadster when it launches. Maybe you'll be ready for an upgrade too?

Reactions: bonnie
Speaking for myself, I'll always be happy to see a post from you here in the Roadster forum, Bonnie.

When issues have arisen in the past, your input/insight/analysis of the problem has often helped me to understand better the way to move forward to a resolution.

Plus, Bonnie is the only person that I know who when she tweets or emails to Tesla, Elon will quickly respond! ;)

Hi Bonnie,
I know that you've probably sealed the deal... But living in the Northeast I can tell you that getting set of snow tires/wheels makes a big difference. I love having the Roadster to use albeit not so much in the winter, but then with the warmer weather it comes out of hiding! Gonna miss you on this site. If I'm fortunate enough to "win" and X I'll reach out to you for all the pointers.
Take good care!
Eric

Hi Bonnie,
I know that you've probably sealed the deal... But living in the Northeast I can tell you that getting set of snow tires/wheels makes a big difference. I love having the Roadster to use albeit not so much in the winter, but then with the warmer weather it comes out of hiding! Gonna miss you on this site. If I'm fortunate enough to "win" and X I'll reach out to you for all the pointers.
Take good care!
Eric
Snow tires won't help with what I'm talking about. :) (If you look closely, you'll see the side mirror poking out.) Plus, I'm loving my X. And my son & his fiancee are expecting a little girl soon. The whole reason I moved up here was because they wanted me to be part of their family life - car seats and Roadsters just don't work.

I love what @Doug_G said above - this little car changed my life in many ways. It hurts to let it go, but I might as well put it in a glass case if I kept it. It's not getting driven much. And it should be. I know it's going to a good home and will be around a long time.
Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 6.32.21 PM.png

Et Tu @Doug_G?!?! I've really enjoyed having both of you be part of the amazing journey we all started a few years ago. A journey that still continues whether you keep your Roadster or not. I hope you both (and Chad and any other former Roadster drivers) continue to join us in the Roadster forums as long as you can.

Reactions: dpeilow