TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SOLD - Baby Turtle - Roadster 1194

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by bonnie, May 20, 2017.

1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

roadster driveway.jpg

Sad to announce that I've sold my 2011 Roadster Sport as of the end of this month. I think many of you were aware that I'd been considering selling ... new area of the country, heavy snow part of the year, and an X in the driveway - I just wasn't driving it like I should. Like it deserved.

I was contacted last week by an original Founders Roadster owner who was looking for this model/color & we found a mutually-agreeable price. He's excited to be getting it.

Really sad to see it go, but I know what a good home it's going to go to next. And it will be driven like it should be. And that makes me happy.

• Like x 9
  2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

At least she's going to a deserving home that will take her out more often.

• Like x 1
  3. DeedWest

DeedWest Too Many Roadsters

Pleased to see a wonderful car go to a wonderful home!

• Like x 1
  4. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

Say it ain't so. (Don't tell him, but I'm waiting for Nigel's Ice Blue one)

In all seriousness: Nice to see it go to a founder.:)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Bonnie, sorry to hear that you are now Roadster-less, but glad to hear it found a good home.

6. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

You sold your Roadster?!?!

What kind of person does that. Sheesh.

Now you have room for a Model S, right?

• Funny x 1
  7. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Looking for a mint-condition 1988 FJ62 Land Cruiser? :)

TMC won't be the same without the Bonnie<=====>Baby Turtle Roadster 1194 synecdoche.

8. joefee

joefee 2M+ page views on TMC Threads

Like losing a best friend

• Like x 2
  9. bonnie

Honestly, it's killing me to let this car go. But I'd decided awhile ago that it was time to sell.

I've been putting it off, as I'm sure everyone can understand. Getting the call, knowing it would be going to a great home where it will be appreciated and loved - well, not everyone gets that opportunity.

I didn't know that buying a Roadster would end up introducing me to an entire community of great people and turn me into an EVangelist. Selling my Roadster will not change that. The people who make up the Roadster forum are the best on TMC. This community is a 'can do' and impassioned about EVs and the impact on the world. So hopefully I can still hang out over here :).

• Like x 8
    • Love x 3
  10. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

We've been toying with selling and upgrading our early Model S but can't bear it. I imagine it must be so much harder for the car that launched Tesla.

The current thinking is get the new roadster when it launches. Maybe you'll be ready for an upgrade too?

• Like x 1
  11. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Speaking for myself, I'll always be happy to see a post from you here in the Roadster forum, Bonnie.

When issues have arisen in the past, your input/insight/analysis of the problem has often helped me to understand better the way to move forward to a resolution.

• Like x 4
  12. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

Plus, Bonnie is the only person that I know who when she tweets or emails to Tesla, Elon will quickly respond! ;)

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  13. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Compared to you I'm a TMC newcomer so what do I know, but I'm pretty sure you are a Roadster Forum Honorary Lifetime Member.

• Love x 1
  14. driver_EV

driver_EV Member

I always pay attention to posts I see from you Bonnie.
    I think of you as my white roadster driving sister in spirit.
    :)

• Like x 1
  15. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

@bonnie, had to come out of hibernation to post this. So sorry to hear that you've parted ways with your first love (in Tesla terms). I still remember ogling that white beauty when we all got together at City Beach before the Model S Beta reveal way back in Oct 2011!

Didn't know you had moved too. Hope things are going well.

• Like x 2
  16. bart513

bart513 Active Member

Hi Bonnie,
    I know that you've probably sealed the deal... But living in the Northeast I can tell you that getting set of snow tires/wheels makes a big difference. I love having the Roadster to use albeit not so much in the winter, but then with the warmer weather it comes out of hiding! Gonna miss you on this site. If I'm fortunate enough to "win" and X I'll reach out to you for all the pointers.
    Take good care!
    Eric

17. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

@bonnie I totally understand. I just let 919 go. It wasn't getting driven nearly as much as it should anymore. I'm happily driving a 100D now.

Kinda sad but I have many great memories of the Roadster. In several remarkable ways that little car changed my life.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. bonnie

Snow tires won't help with what I'm talking about. :) (If you look closely, you'll see the side mirror poking out.) Plus, I'm loving my X. And my son & his fiancee are expecting a little girl soon. The whole reason I moved up here was because they wanted me to be part of their family life - car seats and Roadsters just don't work.

I love what @Doug_G said above - this little car changed my life in many ways. It hurts to let it go, but I might as well put it in a glass case if I kept it. It's not getting driven much. And it should be. I know it's going to a good home and will be around a long time.
    Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 6.32.21 PM.png

19. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Et Tu @Doug_G?!?! I've really enjoyed having both of you be part of the amazing journey we all started a few years ago. A journey that still continues whether you keep your Roadster or not. I hope you both (and Chad and any other former Roadster drivers) continue to join us in the Roadster forums as long as you can.

• Like x 1
  20. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

@hcsharp Yes it has been an amazing journey. Of course, I'll continue participating on the Roadster section.

• Like x 2