Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my '19 model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can understand trading cars often. I used to get a new one every year. I had a two year lease on my Model X and kept it for 30 months. I thought I’d be happy with a Subaru Ascent, and while I cannot fault it I miss my Tesla. I’m getting ready to order another Tesla. I think the Y will meet my needs. #YOLO

Reactions: Reborn
I'm gonna say the guy is Trolling.
I had a Leaf before my M3 and the no active battery thermal management is the deal breaker.
As a result, the battery degrades tremendously more than a Tesla ever would.
yeah... a Troll or someone who does not understand critical EV function.

Reactions: Phlier
XjIsEbe.jpg

I did the exact same thing with my 2019 SR+ with 21,700miles - I sold to Carvana for a stupid low depreciation.

Difference it was replaced with a Long Range AWD. If I was to get a different car, I would have gotten another base model Prius that can be had for $24-25k (what I had before).

No offense, but you picked the worse EV when it comes to resale value. To each their own.

I tend to buy and sell cars very frequently. My wife's father and brother were Ford dealers so she grew up accustomed to there being a new car in the garage every few months. I read a WSJ article recently reporting that used car values have risen due to the post lock down buying boom. I have also been following Carvana's business model and decided to see what they would pay for my '19 M3 standard range. Input the data - white, 19" wheels with 3200 miles. They replied with an offer of $39,000 or $1,300 more than I paid for the car last year not counting the $1,875 tax credit. I decided I would sell the M3 and buy my 3rd Leaf knowing full well that the Leaf is certainly not comparable to Tesla but will serve my purpose of having an EV for around town driving. During final negotiations with the Nissan sales manager who I bought my previous Leafs from I asked if he had any interest in my M3, and he agreed to match the Carvana $39k on trade which saved me $900 in sales tax. So for a 2020 Leaf S MSRP $34,610 my net cost was $20.150.

enjoy your Leaf!