Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my Model S after 5.5 years...moving on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of inflammatory and rather over the top postings here lately.

But I have to call out the comparison to Dieselgate. Most would consider Dieselgate the largest murder by a corporation in modern history. And somehow waiting a bit longer to supercharge is comparable to killing people? And estimated 5,000 a year in Europe alone.

If you don't think air pollution kills people - maybe you shouldn't drive an EV.

I have a 2015 and I would buy another in a second.
That is true. Impact of the Dieselgate does not even compare to what Tesla has done here.
That does not change the fact that both of them have broken a series of laws though. I will also buy only EVs from now on for the same reason, but they will simply not have the Tesla logo on them. For now, I will try to protect myself from a company that seems to think it is ok to just remove value from my property without even letting me know.

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, mp3mike issues his five thousand two-hundred and forty-third Disagree. Doubt anyone in TMC has ever disagreed more with members of the community in the whole history of the site. Got to wonder why he bothers to stick around.
People may be long Tsla and have a different feeling about this. It is ok, it does not make any difference. Most of us though are just customers that do not own or short any stock. If you have financial interest, you will of course disagree with someone who is against that interest, regardless if he/she is right or wrong.

Strange as it may sound, @MP3Mike reminds me to always question and doubt everything. Kind of alter ego. I smile at every disagree, but I do try and understand what exactly the disagreement is and read posts. Disagreement with a person I tend to automatically ignore, but I give a little thought where there is disagreement with an issue or specific point of view!

And somehow waiting a bit longer to supercharge
David, you aren't up to speed. This isn't about "waiting to supercharge" it's about fires. We want Tesla to do the right thing when it comes to life threatening defects in their batteries. They slowed down charging along with slowing down acceleration and removing range all at once, and it wasn't just to break warranty laws they told us directly it was an attempt to try and stop so many cars from combusting. It's a serious problem, especially for those of us with batteries tagged by their burn notice flag.

The comparisons to dieselgate come from how Tesla avoided reporting this danger to properly. They defrauded us by taking what we'd paid for, software limiting the cars to reduce the chances of killing people without repairing the damage that causes the fires themselves. They cheated EPA tested numbers by capping the BMS with a cheap program just like dieselgate, which is what VW got into trouble over too. The only fix for Dieselgate was to replace the engine (Tesla won't replace our faulty batteries even though they are under warranty) or to cap the software like Tesla did - and since owners were downgraded by VW caps they were able to choose to make VW buy back the intentionally hobbled car. Tesla did the same thing, we just haven't had the courts establish resolution yet. Tesla's fire problem is real, they said so themselves on the same day they started removing features from our cars to try and stop them from dramatically conflagrating.

The charge speed issue alone is annoying, but Tesdla has been doing that for years and it's not new. Removing kWh and acceleration in an attempt to avoid repairing flawed batteries that catch fire and burn even when parked is a new problem - it's the sort of thing the NHTSA has to be involved in and Tesla's shady attempts to avoid disclosure over something so dangerous is concerning. We want Tesla to come clean for the good of ourselves as well as for you and it's own future.

@Battpower - don't dwell on disagreement, he uses that button to mark where he stopped reading which is why there's thousands of threads marked that way by him. It doesn't make sense to read it as disagreement when he clicks it on everything.

Lots of inflammatory and rather over the top postings here lately.

But I have to call out the comparison to Dieselgate. Most would consider Dieselgate the largest murder by a corporation in modern history. And somehow waiting a bit longer to supercharge is comparable to killing people? And estimated 5,000 a year in Europe alone.

If you don't think air pollution kills people - maybe you shouldn't drive an EV.

I have a 2015 and I would buy another in a second.
And exactly who was “murdered” by dieselgate?

Hyperbole much?

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr
Most all this drama is because one person is upset because Tesla did not give him a free upgraded battery.
We want nothing from Tesla for free. We demand what we paid for. The 600 page TMC thread for this issue gives a good indication on how many owners are affected. Some will indeed do nothing. Others will try to get to the bottom of it though. Once again if Tesla has done nothing wrong and have not violated any US federal or EU law, then Tesla has nothing to worry about. One lawsuit means nothing. Official investigations do though. Hopefully Tesla can prove that this is just a bunch of whining customers who are hallucinating

I know of no company of Teslas size that has never been in violation of any US fereral or EU law, but thaks for the distraction. This post has gotten totally hijacked and off topic (not unusual)
So basically your stance is other companies do bad things, therefore Tesla should be allowed to do bad things. And that’s a fanboy ladies and gents.

This post has gotten totally hijacked and off topic (not unusual)
I wish the person doing it would stop trying to hijack and distract attention away from what Tesla did, and continues to do, that is driving owners away from Tesla.

Thank you for the honesty!

There are a couple big threads about these crimes now. Both this one and the year old "Sudden loss of range" one were started by people who simple abandoned being a Tesla owner and left Tesla to the fate of companies that drive away buyers on purpose. Those of us still here are trying to help tesla improve, but that doesn't mean we need to make up slights about them after they've packed up and left. He's been gone for 24 pages now - this thread is "mostly" the discussion of people who still own Teslas - some of us already victims, and some others inconvenienced and offended by some difficult facts about their car's manufacturer.

Last edited:
I wish the person doing it would stop trying to hijack and distract attention away from what Tesla did, and continues to do, that is driving owners away from Tesla.

Thank you for the honesty!

There are a couple big threads about these crimes now. Both this one and the year old "Sudden loss of range" one were started by people who simple abandoned being a Tesla owner and left Tesla to the fate of companies that drive away buyers on purpose. Those of us still here are trying to help tesla improve, but that doesn't mean we need to make up slights about them after they've packed up and left. He's been gone for 24 pages now - this thread is "mostly" the discussion of people who still own Teslas - some of us already victims, and some others inconvenienced and offended by some difficult facts about their car's manufacturer.
You forget those of us that just want their car back so that they can sell it and never have to hear the name Tesla ever again :)

Most all this drama is because one person is upset because Tesla did not give him a free upgraded battery.
To clarify, I never asked Tesla for a battery replacement, never visited a service center over it, and never spoke to Tesla about my charge capping at all. I'm not into wasting my time, they've made their position clear on the issue, service techs and advisors have been directed not to acknowledge or discuss battery capping or charge capping to customers. I just sold it and moved on.

Eventually the current class action lawsuit over this issue will be settled, lawyers will get a check for $50 million, Tesla owners will get a check for $5 if they fill out an hour of paperwork, and life will move on.

Last edited:
To clarify, I never asked Tesla for a battery replacement, never visited a service center or spoke to Tesla about my charge capping at all. I'm not into wasting my time, they've made their position clear on the issue, service techs have been directed not to acknowledge or discuss battery capping to customers and I'm not into harassing people that are just doing their job. I just sold it and moved on.
I envy you for being able to take this so well. I also just cannot wait to move on, but I feel that someone has robbed my house and is now enjoying free drinks in Bora Bora. It is like a bee in my ear driving me mad...

To clarify, I never asked Tesla for a battery replacement, never visited a service center over it, and never spoke to Tesla about my charge capping at all. I'm not into wasting my time, they've made their position clear on the issue, service techs and advisors have been directed not to acknowledge or discuss battery capping or charge capping to customers. I just sold it and moved on.

Eventually the current class action lawsuit over this issue will be settled, lawyers will get a check for $50 million, Tesla owners will get a check for $5 if they fill out an hour of paperwork, and life will move on.

It's too late for you now, but everyone else should complain to your service center about any of these caps. Manufacturers are required by law to report all complaints to the NHTSA. The NHTSA is at this point in their investigation right now - if you submited a report to them last year, they will contact you to try and verify your story with Tesla's reported complaint to them last year (emailed PDFs of the complaint are all they need). If Tesla didn't forward your complaint to them, it helps the NHTSa's case and might move things more quickly in owner's favor.

Before / After. Note the actual time in the upper left-hand corner of the pictures when the screenshots were taken. Total time spent on the plug 3 hours.
this is the new normal.
Screenshot_20200516-134204.png

Screenshot_20200516-164258.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.