Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you provide a link? My understanding was that this limitation only applies to the ports in the rear. Also if they don't do data, how does the dashcam still work?
Greetings & Salutations,

I received my 2022 Tesla MYP on December 8, 2021. Recently discovered that USB-A in glovebox is the only data port. I double-checked owners manual which clearly states data ports in center console. I initially thought I had issues with several usb hubs I purchased and had to return as defective. I was unable to run Tesla USB from center console via usbc to usb-a adapter but it was receiving power.
I opened a ticket with service and told the behavior of the USB ports is normal on recently built vehicles and closed my service appointment. Quick Tesla Motors club search also looks like this started aroud July but but owners manual still not updated.
I've asked to be provided more information since I'm using USB-A as primary dashcam 1tb portable drive. Concerend with possible corruption if I'm sharing usb-a port with boombox, music drive, game controller (when charging).
Anyone experiensing issues with sharing USB-A devices plus dashcam drive? Is there a way to update the center console ports?

Thank you in advance

Follow that thread that I quoted. Appears after Nov 2021 you likely won’t receive data on center console ports.

The dashcam has to be plugged into the glovebox port which has data.

Do any of the recently delivered MY or M3 cars have functioning data on the center console USB ports? Since we're tracking other items like dual glazed windows, can we please add a column for center console USB data to the google sheet? Unless this was a permanent cost cutting measure, maybe Tesla will restore the feature once parts are available?

Do any of the recently delivered MY or M3 cars have functioning data on the center console USB ports? Since we're tracking other items like dual glazed windows, can we please add a column for center console USB data to the google sheet? Unless this was a permanent cost cutting measure, maybe Tesla will restore the feature once parts are available?
It is possible to do, but it is unlikely ability to use center console USB ports as data will ever see the light again. Tesla deletes features at their own discretion - passenger lumbar support, enhanced AP, 1-year premium connectivity, and so on.

It is possible to do, but it is unlikely ability to use center console USB ports as data will ever see the light again. Tesla deletes features at their own discretion - passenger lumbar support, enhanced AP, 1-year premium connectivity, and so on.
Wait, what's the issue on 1-year premium connectivity? I just took delivery of my LR the end of Dec, and it included 1 year free

Some articles mentioned an increase in range for the YLR due to a new battery but I don’t see any increases in my app when I move the slider to charge at 100%. In fact the max range I see is only 128 miles. I have an MYLR with AMD and Gemini wheels.

Test drove a MSM MYLR demo at the Grand Rapids, MI Service Center.

They mentioned they got this vehicle earlier this week.

I didn't check the battery, headlights, or rear windows.

PXL_20220122_234150896.MP.jpg

Reactions: orion2001