Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Great White was finally delivered in home this morning. AMD Ryzen confirmed with the new 12V Li-ion battery. A quick inspection did bring 2 minor panel gaps to my attention but not worth fixating on. I would say I'm quite satisfied with the overall build quality!
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0839.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG

The Great White was finally delivered in home this morning. AMD Ryzen confirmed with the new 12V Li-ion battery. A quick inspection did bring 2 minor panel gaps to my attention but not worth fixating on. I would say I'm quite satisfied with the overall build quality!
Congrats! My MYP white / black with 364 VINs is getting picked up 2/1. Good to hear the overall quality is good! Enjoy

View attachment 759352View attachment 759353View attachment 759354View attachment 759355
I just picked mine up yesterday. Asked them if it had the new 12V and they weren't sure. Mind providing pics so I can compare?

Wow... the fact that two people can both receive a "2022 Model Y" in the same week of 2022, and one gets a far better MCU, rear double glazed windows, and a better 12V battery is absolutely ridiculous. It's amazing to me that Tesla continues to get away with this. There's no way this isn't going to have an impact on aftermarket value. If I were buying a used 2022 in a few years, there is no way I'd pay the same for one of the "bad ones" as I would for one of the "good ones", yet the cost was the same new.

• Disagree
Reactions: Times8
Wow... the fact that two people can both receive a "2022 Model Y" in the same week of 2022, and one gets a far better MCU, rear double glazed windows, and a better 12V battery is absolutely ridiculous. It's amazing to me that Tesla continues to get away with this. There's no way this isn't going to have an impact on aftermarket value. If I were buying a used 2022 in a few years, there is no way I'd pay the same for one of the "bad ones" as I would for one of the "good ones", yet the cost was the same new.
so they shouldn’t improve their cars? the same week is irrelevant. it has to switch over at some point. should they just stop production a month or two as a respectful pause? 99 percent of buyers don’t know or care about these particular changes. the intel cars had improvements over what many buyers expected when they ordered. This is much better and more rational than model year changes, which have never made sense. just a fusty old tradition.

There are no double glazed rear windows at this time. Look at the VIN sequence on those who marked yes and you'll notice that they either clicked by mistake or don't understand what they are looking for. Also the Ryzen won't run reliably at 12v so all Ryzen cars have the 15v Li-ion.

There are no double glazed rear windows at this time. Look at the VIN sequence on those who marked yes and you'll notice that they either clicked by mistake or don't understand what they are looking for. Also the Ryzen won't run reliably at 12v so all Ryzen cars have the 15v Li-ion.
Thanks to everyone for noticing some errors in the spreadsheet. I have corrected the latest entries as of today. It is a tedious process to manually update the spreadsheet and the input form to include more features and correct errors.

MYLR white on white, build date 1/23/22, VIN 368xxx.
I have asked Tesla via SMS whether this has the AMD and they said they don't know yet. Anyone else in this VIN range get delivery with AMD?
366*** here, AMD Ryzen, Li-ion 12V

Check the paperwork in the glovebox, it says microprocessor controlled lithium ion battery. I think that's the 12v. I also visually inspected the battery underneath the large HEPA filter in the frunk.

image0 (1).jpeg