Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some customers are getting offer of $7500 off + 10k free miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being honest, None of your story makes Any sense. I make toooo much money so I don’t qualify for a tax incentive. Ok So what. Yet you don’t want a 1k monthly on a 55k car Meaning you have NO money to put down Yet you want to buy a house in the highest cost region at the highest finance rates in some time. Sounds like you need financial advisor Not a forum.
I think it makes sense, if tubaprde makes more than 150k single (which is pretty average in the Bay Area) then he won't qualify for the tax incentive, but that doesn't mean he has no money, only that he has to prioritize his money on a down payment for the house instead of a car, being saddled with a 1k payment will significantly impact the borrowing potential when qualifying for the house loan.

I think it makes sense, if tubaprde makes more than 150k single (which is pretty average in the Bay Area) then he won't qualify for the tax incentive, but that doesn't mean he has no money, only that he has to prioritize his money on a down payment for the house instead of a car, being saddled with a 1k payment will significantly impact the borrowing potential when qualifying for the house loan.
I understood that based on his continuous “I make to much money” song. As a 1k monthly on a 55k car would mean he intends to put Nothing down in the highest loan rate value I was suggesting this Might not be a wise purchase. If you don’t have a home mortgage or a new car loan and can’t find funds for a down payment it’s Likely Not advisable to buy a new car. Just cancel and stop looking for guidance on a forum. That Doesn’t make sense.

Being honest, None of your story makes Any sense. I make toooo much money so I don’t qualify for a tax incentive. Ok So what. Yet you don’t want a 1k monthly on a 55k car Meaning you have NO money to put down Yet you want to buy a house in the highest cost region at the highest finance rates in some time. Sounds like you need financial advisor Not a forum.

I'm in the same boat. I wouldnt qualify either but i still live paycheck to paycheck regardless of the high income. Mortgage, prop taxes, income taxes, FOOD, kid's tuition, retirement plans, health insurance, prop and car insurance, etc. All the little things add up. There really isnt anything left over after all that to save. I would stop making assumptions about other people's finances if i were you.

I'm in the same boat. I wouldnt qualify either but i still live paycheck to paycheck regardless of the high income. Mortgage, prop taxes, income taxes, FOOD, kid's tuition, retirement plans, health insurance, prop and car insurance, etc. All the little things add up. There really isnt anything left over after all that to save. I would stop making assumptions about other people's finances if i were you.
Typically I would agree but OP laid out his situation and asked for advice. Lots of people are going have the same reaction and post similar advice, comments or questions.

Reactions: Yelobird
As you posted advice I would say the same for you then. Living paycheck to paycheck with a Very Likely economy crash on the horizon buying a New Not necessary High Value car is Not a smart decision. All of the other items on your list however Are Especially the kids well being.

Reactions: Mike7564
Better get buy a car out of inventory now if you want $7500....two days left to snap one up. Unless you want a 7 seater.

But those are some weird qualifications....who cares if you can stuff some young child in the joke of 3rd row seat...why does that qualify? Why does an AWD version of ID4 qualify and not RWD? Why does no Mach-E qualify as SUV?

Bizarre...

Reactions: cusetownusa
Am I crazy to pass up a $7500 discount on a model 3 performance right now? I have one ready to be picked up in California by ear end. It’s technically in a hold status now, i’m not sure what that means
1) discount on price should mean discount on sales tax as well, so my decision was to go for it based on this alone.
2) you have to remove hold status to be matched to a car. You'd better hurry if it's at all possible to pickup by now.
3) Performance means compromising on efficiency and range. You should be really really really sure a 19" wheel non-performance won't work for you. To me the 19" non-performance have just INSANE power.

Good luck and enjoy!

Reactions: Happy Hippo
1) discount on price should mean discount on sales tax as well, so my decision was to go for it based on this alone.
2) you have to remove hold status to be matched to a car. You'd better hurry if it's at all possible to pickup by now.
3) Performance means compromising on efficiency and range. You should be really really really sure a 19" wheel non-performance won't work for you. To me the 19" non-performance have just INSANE power.

Good luck and enjoy!
Thanks I passed on the 3 and will keep my p85dl. Now doubt, I’ve seen videos showing the LR 3s pull almost as hard to 60 and at 80 just as hard. Definitely a sleeper

Thanks I passed on the 3 and will keep my p85dl. Now doubt, I’ve seen videos showing the LR 3s pull almost as hard to 60 and at 80 just as hard. Definitely a sleeper
Happy New Year! What you have is AWD already with the P85DL so you have a good level of safety, top of the line for 2014. If you are happy with it, keep it and pay it off. While Tesla offers main battery repair options if you might need that service in the future, these third-party companies can help too and I have seen costs stay in the $5k range, reported from other members:

www.057tech.com (Offers a main battery warranty)

www.recell-ev.com