Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some P85Ds being delivered with non-staggered wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had it confirmed by knowledgeable people at both the Fremont Delivery Center and Fremont Design Center that the P85D has been tested and approved with both the square and staggered setup. The cars are delivered with whatever tires are available. There is no way Tesla could have delivered P85D's with the staggered setup without testing, despite what your SC is saying.

I'm taking delivery of my P85D tomorrow and I asked my DS, who is the delivery manager in Fremont, if staggered wheels were delivered anymore. She said they got rid of the option a while back. I did ask about buying a set of 9" wheels and she said it is possible, but they are "custom built" and she is going to get me the pricing.

Just thought this might be useful information for anyone interested.

Looks like staggered is back for P85D and P90D. Heard this from delivery manager in the north east (US).

I'd say it's been all but confirmed. Pete90D recently took delivery of a P90DL with a staggered arrangement, though he did state he had expressed interest in this to his DS IIRC. Tesla SC here in Tampa did also state to me they are bringing it back for P cars, for what that's worth.

I'd say it's been all but confirmed. Pete90D recently took delivery of a P90DL with a staggered arrangement, though he did state he had expressed interest in this to his DS IIRC. Tesla SC here in Tampa did also state to me they are bringing it back for P cars, for what that's worth.

I asked her about it and her statement at the time was that she heard both would be getting it, but until she saw it she couldn't say for sure. There is no documentation anywhere that I requested it so I don't think it is specific to me. Also when I originally ordered my P85D I asked to buy a set of staggered wheels and she told me it would be a custom order and she would need to get pricing.

So I do believe it is standard for them now.

Last week when I posted the battery part numbers on another thread, there was a P90D in the SC as a new delivery. It had the 21" staggered wheels. Very few data points however. There was one other P90D but it had the 19" 5 spoke standard wheels which are so to speak "normal" for the Northeastern roads.

I have the non staggered on my p85d. My friend has the staggered setup. The performance is better with the staggered setup, but a little more road noice.
Conclusion: I would go for the staggered setup

Revisiting an old thread, as friend of mine just offered me some 245/35/21 Hancocks that have less then 1000 miles on them. They are in perfect condition and appear brand new. These are the specs:HankookVentus V12 evo2.

i currently run staggered setup on my p85d on PS2s and straight 21s for winter.

Anyone have experience with these Hancock's and would it be these be better/worse than staggered ps2s?

If you are already on a straight setup and interested let me know via PM, as if I pass I will intro you. Otherwise I'll recommend he just post these in classifieds

thanks, Mike