Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some P85Ds being delivered with non-staggered wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
could not agree more happy I got the 265 mine was jan build

My P85D is delivered next week. If my car is delivered without the staggered setup I will demand to get them, because when i ordered the car I did get information that the 21" package was the same as P85+ staggered setup. And all of the P85D cars delivered to now in norway has staggered setup.
The car does not look good with 245 tires in the rear. The 265 tires are ok. Also the Conti tires sucks compared to PS2.

I suspect the only reason some P85Ds are now being delivered with the square setup (same size tires front and back) is as simple as Tesla is having trouble sourcing the 265 size rear tires from Michelin at the moment.

And if my suspicion is correct, I also suspect as soon as that supply constraint clears up that Tesla will resume shipping the halo car with staggered wheel sizes at some point in the future.

Mike

The question is whether the current P85D's are coming in staggered? I am being told that they are spec'ed to be staggered.

I was told by my DS and confirmed by his boss that the P85D can be delivered with either the 245 square or 245/265 staggered configuration and meet all specs. The Tesla website no longer refers to the tire size. My advice if you want the staggered configuration is to insist on getting the tires and rear wheels swapped out when you take delivery. Several posters on this forum have had Tesla agree to do this.

I was told by my DS and confirmed by his boss that the P85D can be delivered with either the 245 square or 245/265 staggered configuration and meet all specs. The Tesla website no longer refers to the tire size. My advice if you want the staggered configuration is to insist on getting the tires and rear wheels swapped out when you take delivery. Several posters on this forum have had Tesla agree to do this.

My 21's for summer are a staggered setup, the 19's for winter are all the same.