Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Q's after 4 Hours Ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked the M3P up today. Gradually picking things up, couple of quick shot queries

- I parked up today and folded mirrors manually whilst sitting in car, then exited car, locked etc. Came back to car and mirrors didn't unfold. By manually folding did this cock-up the Auto Fold setting I had it at?

- Live view I have working on App, but I can't see the interior, is there a separate setting for this?

- Also is Live view on Mobile App disabled when car is charging? (I viewed cameras a couple of hours ago, now its charging I don't see the option on the mobile app)

Picked the M3P up today. Gradually picking things up, couple of quick shot queries

- I parked up today and folded mirrors manually whilst sitting in car, then exited car, locked etc. Came back to car and mirrors didn't unfold. By manually folding did this cock-up the Auto Fold setting I had it at?

- Live view I have working on App, but I can't see the interior, is there a separate setting for this?

- Also is Live view on Mobile App disabled when car is charging? (I viewed cameras a couple of hours ago, now its charging I don't see the option on the mobile app)

Do you mean literally manually folded mirrors using your hands or you manually chose "fold mirrors" on the screen controls? Check controls on screen and see what setting the mirror folding is at .. and change accordingly. In normal circumstances you shouldn't need to touch the mirrors if set to fold on locking.

Live view has a limited amount of time you can stream ... perhaps you went beyond the time limit?

Live view should normally work when charging as far as I can remember so long as you have Sentry Mode active. Live view is not designed for constant monitoring so has a time limit.

2 button reboot (see manual*) may help restore lack of internal camera option.

*Really ... there's lots of info in the manual!

Reactions: init6 and JDOC

I think if you manually fold the mirrors they will stay folded. I once manually folded them to park very very close to a pillar on the passenger side. I would have been very miffed if I got back to the car unlocked the doors and the mirror unfolded into the pillar.

I think if you manually fold the mirrors they will stay folded. I once manually folded them to park very very close to a pillar on the passenger side. I would have been very miffed if I got back to the car unlocked the doors and the mirror unfolded into the pillar.

Yes ... and also when you choose "fold mirrors" on the screen they similarly stay put until you click the onscreen button OR drive at 30+ mph.

Reactions: Jason71
Ok, figured out why I cound then couldn't see the live camera feed, I had excluded 'Home' from Sentry mode, also I see you can view at any stage by manually turning on sentry, even at excluded loaction, but that still doesn't resolve the internal feed, I'll try a reboot

Couple more queries:-

- I charged first time last night, right up to 100%, the range showed 489klm, I would have thought it would show the full notional range of 534, or is the 489klm calculated based on the previous 27klm on clock?

- Is there any way not to have the horn sound on lock, when I'm at a certain location (don't want to wake neighbours!)

- Software uodate is showing available on App, I've the 30 day premium trial still valid, but message shows "connect to wifi to download", I would have thought it would use this method. Can you initiate the download from the mobile App, or only in car?

- I received, what appears to be 2 mudflaps, in the boot, is it normal that they are not put on? (the front 2 are on)

Ok, figured out why I cound then couldn't see the live camera feed, I had excluded 'Home' from Sentry mode, also I see you can view at any stage by manually turning on sentry, even at excluded loaction, but that still doesn't resolve the internal feed, I'll try a reboot

Couple more queries:-

- I charged first time last night, right up to 100%, the range showed 489klm, I would have thought it would show the full notional range of 534, or is the 489klm calculated based on the previous 27klm on clock?

- Is there any way not to have the horn sound on lock, when I'm at a certain location (don't want to wake neighbours!)

- Software uodate is showing available on App, I've the 30 day premium trial still valid, but message shows "connect to wifi to download", I would have thought it would use this method. Can you initiate the download from the mobile App, or only in car?

- I received, what appears to be 2 mudflaps, in the boot, is it normal that they are not put on? (the front 2 are on)
Yes you can turn off honk on lock function. Doesn't work by location though it's either on/off wherever you are.

No you can't download updates over premium connectivity nor via the app. I usually: 1. Put car into drive. 2. before setting off, click on the LTE menu button. 3. Connect to phone's hotspot (your car will deem that as wifi). 4. Continue my journey and car will download the update over wifi/hotspot. (or, you know, if you're lucky enough to park close to home just connect it to your home wifi)

Not sure about 1st and last points sorry.

Lots of this stuff is in the online manual btw, recommend spending some time reading through (I for one found it fun!).

Reactions: JDOC
First Q
The range display is showning in USA standard and the car is sold with Euro standard that is the higher figure.
Last Q
These splash gaurds can be fitted to the mud flaps to give greater protection. However they may scrap on speed bumps, ect.

A FYI, I was under the impression that cars from early 2022 were being built with Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP), however mine doesn't have it. Don't know when mine was built, but it can't have been more than 3/4 months ago

Should a new car come with a Tyre kit? (can't see anyone included)

A FYI, I was under the impression that cars from early 2022 were being built with Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP), however mine doesn't have it. Don't know when mine was built, but it can't have been more than 3/4 months ago

Only the SR got the LFP battery - the performance and long range I believe don't come with that tech.

Only base model 3 (and Y) has LFP type battery. The nature of your car and the LR model makes it unsuitable at this time i.e. it has a lower capacity for the physical size of the pack. Model 3 in the UK has never come with a tyre kit AFAIK.

Just to say, I updated to the latest software (available to me) 2023.2.12 and the Internal camera is now showing, it was either the software or the re-boot

Q - must you update software sequentially or will you only ever be presented with the 'next' update?

Just to say, I updated to the latest software (available to me) 2023.2.12 and the Internal camera is now showing, it was either the software or the re-boot

Q - must you update software sequentially or will you only ever be presented with the 'next' update?
Whatever time you update it will update the software to the recent one even if you haven’t done the previous updates. But sometime you might end up having bugs if you do not update regularly.