Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some things never change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be their plan, but not what they are saying at this point:

View attachment 228817

Again, I am not bent out of shape about this. My continual replies are more because I feel somewhat attacked by several on here implying I am mistaken about what they have said here or offering reasons why my particular order SHOULD have taken longer than they told me it would. I wasn't promised 30 days when I ordered. I'm good on waiting for it and don't expect anything because of delays. I want them to take their time and deliver the awesome car I've waited so long to order. I've been waiting 5 years to actually order it and a delay doesn't change my positive feelings about the car or the company. I AM concerned about the way the company appears to over promise on a pretty regular basis and I'd really like to see them grow and become more conservative about the offers making sure they can actually deliver (no pun intended) on those promises before disappointing folks buying now. I am of the opinion that this appears like a guarantee from this point forward and I'm not sure they can fulfill this promise. Had I known this would genuinely offend so many folks I wouldn't have ever mentioned it.

This board is FULL of awesome information for new and old buyers alike and I've not found a more informative place on almost any subject that compares.

If you do look at the ordering spreadsheet where customers publicly post their dates, the trend is to go from Confirm to Delivery in under 30 days lately. TMC Model S Order Sheet It includes some in Virginia, Pennsylvania and definitely CA where a good 25% of all orders come from in the USA. The 30 day claim may not be true next month with Model 3 coming online but is right now. As they have said Model 3 will be slow to start but ramp up eventually, July production may still be heavy S/X. I think folks are waiting on the final actual pricing of the Model 3 to decide whether to buy an MS 75 or even 60 inventory versus going for the 3. MS 75 just came down in price so there has to be some thinking that the price differential may not be that great and the MS may be a good choice. It appears that Tesla wants to show the benefits of the MS over the Model 3 with these comparison charts. But the Model 3 is the "new thing" on the block and many will want it because it is fresh. Many seem to have taken 2-year leases on MS in August/Sept of 2016 to then return the MS for the eventual Model 3 purchase. Off-lease CPO MS pricing will also be similar to Model 3 prices and contain unlimited supercharging and the MS features.

One thing I wonder is what the insurance company pricing will be on the Model 3 and what repair costs will be when compared with Model S. Even moderate fender-benders in MS have led to claims that go to "totaled" and so repair costs might be interesting to those who wanted to buy new but less-expensive Model 3s. For EVs to take off and become a consumer staple, prices need to go down further than what Model 3 offers - I'm thinking mid-20s before incentives for small sedans. I wonder how the Tesla pickup truck will do when it comes out (they just hired the Nissan truck designer Randy Rodriguez) - and as such the Fed tax credit may be completed by that point in time.

Last edited:
View attachment 228816

They actually posted the leaked document on their site Friday per an Elon tweet (see original link in post 1) which was what prompted me to question this in the first place.
Well I did miss that. I just want to be clear I'm definitely not attacking you. I think your concerns are justified. Perhaps I'm just so used to Tesla overpromising and underdelivering that I'm willing to look the other way.

Anyway, per my earlier post, I would try expressing your concern and disappointment to your DES considering the failed 30 day "promise". See how they respond. At the very least, Tesla needs to know customers are starting to take their messaging seriously. At best they may offer you something.