Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some woman hit my car. Anyone experienced in the rack and pinion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well a woman hit my parked car- front left wheel Saturday and I came back to some damage to my XPEL wrap but thankfully no permanent visible damage. I'm almost 100% that it was just her SUV's tire that smacked me. My concern is that I was not there to view the incident and now my alignment is off in this way:

When the steering wheel is turned to the left by a two or three degrees; car drives straight but will pull to the right with no hand input to hold it steady.

If I level out the steering wheel, the car will be turning to the right.

I know these details are useless unless you're the alignment tech- I'm listing these symptoms because I'm nervous the steering rack may be shifted on its mounts since the vehicle's wheels were 'locked' / stiffer because the car was turned off during the impact.

Thats just the worst case scenario in my mind, and would like to see what you guys think.

I'm hoping my tie rod is just shifted a little and needing a correction.
Similar experiences?
IMG_2276.jpg IMG_3985.JPG

Going to get it looked at soon, just conversing here.

Sorry to hear that it was hit. Sounds like you have a bent Tie Rod and by adjusting the steering your making the front tires toe in more. The left tire was pushed in on the front so you need to move the right tire towards the left to balance out the toe.

Edit. I wouldn't drive your car too much because if it's too out of alignment you might wear the tread of both those tires.

Last edited:
Reactions: selfbp and .jg.
My next issue is if I'm unable to get a spot at Tesla Service, Does anyone have the alignment spec sheet for a 2017 S75 Rwd Coil spring car? Most dealers are unwilling to touch it so far this morning it seems.