Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Somebody buy this smoking CPO deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you say "factor in the tax credit" what do nb you mean? I was under the impression that the tax credit did not apply to a CPO sale. Am I missing something?
You are correct. The federal tax credit only applies to new vehicle purchases not CPOs. If you notice the poster said new vehicles in the low $60k after the tax credit, so they are looking at inventory vehicles with a price range of around $70k. Even then Tesla Inventory doesn’t show any Inventory MS vehicles sold in 2018 under $75k.

There are tons of good deals on 2014-2016 MS in all types right now.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
When you purchase a CPO in california, you have to pay CA and Home State tax if you pick it up. Otherwise, you need to coordinate the shipping to your nearest service center where they do a delivery inspection and handoff.

Weird how you buy car, then transfer shipping liability to you just to transfer the liability back to Tesla for state required handoff and car inspection.

In theory, we should start seeing a dump of 2016 models very, very soon... who knows how long they will sit in a lot before Tesla lists them though. The lease program started Aug 20, 2016, so those owners should be returning their cars shortly.
Unless we decide to extend our leases for up to 6 months. My P90D 2 year lease ends 9/13 but the monthly is so good, I might as well as extend it for the full 6.

I still rather pay $54 for a model 3. The range on the MS 60 is very poor.
I love the M3 as a little brother to the MS, but it is just that. A MS for $15k less that a M3 is a great deal. The MS60 does not have poor range. On a daily basis the 208 miles is way more than I even need. In fact, I only charge my MS60 to 70% each day. On a long trip the extra range would be nice for longer drives between charges, but for the 2-3 times a year I drive that distance I will pocket the $15k for a little more time on the road.

Reactions: Don TLR
I love the M3 as a little brother to the MS, but it is just that. A MS for $15k less that a M3 is a great deal. The MS60 does not have poor range. On a daily basis the 208 miles is way more than I even need. In fact, I only charge my MS60 to 70% each day. On a long trip the extra range would be nice for longer drives between charges, but for the 2-3 times a year I drive that distance I will pocket the $15k for a little more time on the road.

What sounds better to you? A MS60 CPO for $39k @ 208 miles range or a 2019 model 3 for $35k @ 220 miles range?