Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone bumped into my trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked outside restaurant and someone backup and bumped into my back. I messaged Tesla and figured the service center could not repair and referred to body shop. Would you guys think it needs to be replaced the whole trunk? The bumper has no lost paint but got pushed in.

Anybody knows any good body shop in Roseville, California?

Glad Sentry mode is on.

Attachments

• damage center.JPG
    damage center.JPG
    570.8 KB · Views: 698
Parked outside restaurant and someone backup and bumped into my back. I messaged Tesla and figured the service center could not repair and referred to body shop. Would you guys think it needs to be replaced the whole trunk? The bumper has no lost paint but got pushed in.

Anybody knows any good body shop in Roseville, California?

Glad Sentry mode is on.
I have a similar dent, paint less guy quoted 560 to make like new

My daughter had 2 nickel sized dents on her right rear door. One was on the crease of the door and working with aluminum, takes a little extra care and talent. I do believe that PDR may not be doable on your hatch. With Dent Pro, you take a couple of pictures of the dent and send it in for them to look at. You'll get your answer pretty quickly.

Reactions: Kevinaldo

I wonder if the liftgate is not made in two pieces, so only the vertical part where the license plate is located should be replaced?

It is a pity than you seems not having the Sentry mode recording the event.
Many cars don't have a front license anyway, but it would have been interesting to know what kind of car damaged your car.
I suspect an SUV or a pickup truck with a much higher front bumper than a Model Y.

I wonder if the liftgate is not made in two pieces, so only the vertical part where the license plate is located should be replaced?

It is a pity than you seems not having the Sentry mode recording the event.
Many cars don't have a front license anyway, but it would have been interesting to know what kind of car damaged your car.
I suspect an SUV or a pickup truck with a much higher front bumper than a Model Y.
Not sure lifegate is made in two pieces, look like one piece to me. I do have Sentry mode on and it was a 2004 Lexus GS (no damage to his), he gave his insurance info.

Reactions: fredzos
Not sure lifegate is made in two pieces, look like one piece to me. I do have Sentry mode on and it was a 2004 Lexus GS (no damage to his), he gave his insurance info.
With that disclosure, why would you be making any effort to complicate this? Call Tesla and get a quote for a New replacement full lift gate and mail Mr Lexus the bill!

Chobra: VERY impressive video. Clearly PDR systems have advanced a great deal. That's good news for all of us.
I hope the OP can find the right PDR shop that can repair the hatch. Matching paint can be a real PIA...