Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
False. There was a one tap icon that brought up the card. Not saying wipers were/are not a mess, they are. And the icon is coming back.
This is not directed at anyone personally, but no problem if you don't like the new UI. I never said you should. I never even said it was "better". I prefer it, others don't. Oh no, God save us! How will we ever survive if we can't convince others our view is best? And more importantly that they are wrong! Hint, that ain't ever gonna happen. But let's at least rehash over and over and over our personal feelings about tapping a screen. No worries. Just understand our preferences are not all the same. Not even close. Taping once to bring up the "card" is not the same as one tap to control the wipers. For me the cards sucked. There was nothing false about my observation. But really, who gives a sh*t? And yes there are functions that are now one tap that were two. List them for yourself. Or don't. Who cares? I ain't playing the argue forever to prove something you will never prove game. My point was/is with acting like this is more dangerous than a picnic at Chernobyl That drama deserves humor. It's that simple. There is no point in pounding the pavement throughout eternity to prove one view is THE view. It ain't ever gonna happen.......but let's do this at least until the cows come home........

Last edited:
Zero touch auto seat warmers. For starters. Also zero touch auto climate same as before at least for me.
Nope. I’ve yet to have the auto seat warmers consistently work; I’m constantly having to turn them on or off. Turning them on is 2 taps, minimum. If they’re on Auto and I need to turn them off it’s 4-5 taps. (Actually I’ll end up missing with a couple of taps because it’s in the middle of the screen and my hand is bouncing around so it‘s 6-7 taps)

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
The AI sucks. Here's an example: I had all 4 tires at roughly the same pressure. Except the left rear tire was losing about 0.5-1 PSI/day. I caught the problem after about 2-3 days when I checked the tire pressures on the display. But the car's AI was too stupid to realize that one tire losing 0.5-1 PSI/day, completely out of line with the other tires (i.e. it's not ambient temperature that is causing the decrease), was actually a problem. It probably would have waited until that one tire was some 20-25% underinflated before it even alerted me.

When they figure out how to put common sense algorithms like that into the automatic alerts, let me know (but knowing Tesla, they'll screw something else up when adding that feature). Until then, they should give me the tire pressure card back.
I’m not aware of any other cars that have what you suggest. Living in an area where there can be wide temperature swings (particularly this time of year) it would be difficult to account for those, too.

Nope. I’ve yet to have the auto seat warmers consistently work; I’m constantly having to turn them on or off. Turning them on is 2 taps, minimum. If they’re on Auto and I need to turn them off it’s 4-5 taps. (Actually I’ll end up missing with a couple of taps because it’s in the middle of the screen and my hand is bouncing around so it‘s 6-7 taps)
hmm weird I don't use auto and I thought it was two taps. You just tap on the temp number then the seat.

The point probably is that it's not critical for safe driving that you need instant 1 click access to the tire pressure. You could pull over or check when the conditions are safe or periodically. Can't you also just leave your service menu up if you're worried. Then you can watch all day long if you choose.
True, but it’s also true that the tire pressures are more difficult to access now than they were before and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the previous system. The net effect ends up being making the UI more difficult and less useful with no real benefit.

hmm weird I don't use auto and I thought it was two taps. You just tap on the temp number then the seat.
If it’s on Auto you have to open up the menu, and tap the seat heater 4 times (Auto -> high, High -> med, med->low, low->off,) unless I’m missing something

Edit: correction - it goes from Auto to medium the first time you tap it, so it’s a total of 4 taps to turn it off.

In all fairness, only one or two of those taps is extra from V11. Switching between the levels always took the same number of taps. My main point was that the ‘auto’ setting has never worked for me and I always have to adjust it, so trying to argue that the interface doesn’t matter because of the ‘auto’ setting doesn’t work.

Last edited:
Well said.

Ergonomics are very important when operating vehicles, or planes or anywhere where safety is involved.

This is not a smartphone we are talking about, after all.
And that is why no input = is the best input. Reason why my car has everything on auto and 99% of the time I don’t have problems with it. Boom
* Correction for Sleepdoc

Last edited:
If it’s on Auto you have to open up the menu, and tap the seat heater 4 times (Auto -> high, High -> med, med->low, low->off,) unless I’m missing something

Edit: correction - it goes from Auto to medium the first time you tap it, so it’s a total of 4 taps to turn it off.

In all fairness, only one or two of those taps is extra from V11. Switching between the levels always took the same number of taps. My main point was that the ‘auto’ setting has never worked for me and I always have to adjust it, so trying to argue that the interface doesn’t matter because of the ‘auto’ setting doesn’t work.
Curious were you able to remove seat heaters and defrost from the menu on V10?

Last edited:
Thanks for insight and calling people with opposing opinions ignorant. Got to love it.

False: There are experts on here and us humble ones need to just listen and only post when asked. However, based on what I’m learning from them (Why does Tesla suspension suck and some posters on this one - NOT the original OP) Tesla have got everything seriously wrong, engineering, design, safety and tech - as well as the tire pressure sensing tech, seriously?! They should speak to M and get them to put some auto inflate tech in their car from 007s Aston.

Anyway, we should all sell our cars and buy from the other EV car leaders and rely on their unified charging network and superior software design - especially as they have Apple Car Play to do it for them. Actually, the whiners should sell theirs and buy something else.

Attachments

• B1C79FD7-2240-4B85-8B22-9038CF85FE3A.jpeg
    B1C79FD7-2240-4B85-8B22-9038CF85FE3A.jpeg
    743.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Love
Reactions: WhiteWi and PACEMD
And this right here shows that you either don’t have a clue, don’t bother to read other‘s experiences or think they’re lying. I regularly go through areas where I have no cell phone coverage. I’ve seen many others post the same thing.
Oh I have experienced it in the middle of nowhere once a year when I travel to NJ. Metro areas are fine which where the most people are.

You complain about suspension, UI and everything in between. Is that your mission on this forum?
Well, lately I seem to spend most of my time countering lies, specious arguments and other misinformation. (’automation needs you never have to touch anything and the UI is irrelevant,’)

I should ask what your purpose is here? Clearly your car is absolutely perfect in every way, right? Most of what I’ve seen you post is disagreeing with anything remotely negative about Tesla or poor arguments as to why problems aren’t really problems.
I read so much fake information about Tesla online it is just unbelievable. And people who has no exposure to Tesla believe that too. Pretty insane. Makes me wonder what is going on. The more Tesla is successful the more negativity it attracts.
yes, the fanboyism on this site is incredible, isn’t it?