Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be annoying. I think it will be nice now that you can remove those things in the summer or in hot climate. Who wants to see buttons you never use.
Nominally the ability to customize is a good thing. The problem is when Tesla went from V10 to V11 they removed functions that people used all the time and are generally readily available with a single touch on every other car on the market (seat heaters, wipers, defrosters, etc) and replaced them with ’customizations’ that no one needs while driving (arcade, web browser, etc) while at the same time limiting the number of icons/apps that could be displayed at a time.

As I recall, there were something like 17 options of ‘apps’ to customize. 4 of them were entertainment (arcade, toy box, etc) 7 were audio (Spotify, etc) and the remaining ones were misc things like dash cam, backup camera, phone, etc. You say it would be annoying not to be able to customize well, of the 17 ’customizations’ that are available I use 2 with any regularity. The rest are useless to me but I don’t have the ability to add back the stuff that was useful.

I’m on 4.5.21 so I’m still stuck with the original UI But I’m glad to see that Tesla is listening to the criticism and starting to restore the lost functionality. Hopefully they continue

If it’s on Auto you have to open up the menu, and tap the seat heater 4 times (Auto -> high, High -> med, med->low, low->off,) unless I’m missing something

Edit: correction - it goes from Auto to medium the first time you tap it, so it’s a total of 4 taps to turn it off.

In all fairness, only one or two of those taps is extra from V11. Switching between the levels always took the same number of taps. My main point was that the ‘auto’ setting has never worked for me and I always have to adjust it, so trying to argue that the interface doesn’t matter because of the ‘auto’ setting doesn’t work.
"You could use the voice command and just say my (moderator edit) is cold, Zero taps even with your shakes."

Still new here and learning the dynamic, but sometimes it's helpful to summarize an opposing opinion to better understand the other person's perspective and why they may be so passionate and repetitive about their perspective.

v10 - One Tap
Toonces v10.gif

v11 - Two Taps
Toonces v11.gif

Still new here and learning the dynamic, but sometimes it's helpful to summarize an opposing opinion to better understand the other person's perspective and why they may be so passionate and repetitive about their perspective.

v10 - One Tap
View attachment 794351

v11 - Two Taps
View attachment 794352
Finally, someone who understands danger when they see it.........

• Funny
Reactions: ajstan
Maybe or it was the path all along since custom option where already on the software path hmm. Ok it was the forum who no one from Tesla reads. :)
No one knows - that’s one of the problems with Tesla being so opaque. All we have is a tweet from elon (in response to complaints) that improvements were coming. Regardless, I’m happy they’re fixing the mistakes. Just hope the hurry up with the rest of the fixes!

Windows 11, Apple, iPhone, Samsung, satellite radio who pays for radio? Heck they discontinued my favorite salad dressing now that was awful do you know how hard it is to find a good salad dressing? Pretty much as life threatening as not having single click seat heaters.

Ahh I need to stop reading this nonsense you guys have fun let me go up to the threads that actually have real issues. I've had plenty of issues with other cars. You know what the difference was? The only fix was buying a new car. Here they try to fix it so everyone is happy. So terrible a company that fixes a car to try to make everyone happy without selling them another one. And still people continue to complain when they have already released a version to make everyone happy. I'll stop here before I get banned from the site with what I'll say next.

And that is why no input = is the best input. Reason why my car has everything on auto and 99% of the time I don’t have problems with it. Boom
* Correction for Sleepdoc
This is correct, in theory. In practice, the input is required because “auto” got it wrong. Until “auto” is perfect, which will require not only software but also hardware, we should have easy, intuitive way to override it. Instead of boxing us into limited, hard ways to override, the engineers should learn from those override requests and improve the UI.
Specifically about seat warmers. There are many, many studies about human temperature preferences. They are determined by physical condition, time of the day, mood, habits, etc. The onboard hardware does not have the sensors nor the software has algorithms to evaluate those. Hence, “auto” will often be wrong and will require human’s override.

I'd argue that making the product worse and angering customers while taking months getting back to square one is not a great path. But that's just me 🤪
“Fix” is a strong word for what they did. Yes, the seat warmers and defoggers are back (hurray!) but they work in “strange and mysterious ways”, different and more complex than any other car I have driven.

Auto lights ….. garbage …. Auto windscreen wipers …… even worse ……. Auto bum heater …. had auto activated car decided I needed a hot arse when the sun was blazing but thought I’d like it cold when outside temp was near freezing …. Verdict …..I’ll stick to manual activation

Conclusion ….Tesla needs to work on their automation. All of the above have been addressed by turning off auto … first car in 15yrs where I have turned off auto lights, auto wipers are not that great on any car so I’ll give them that. Bum warmers should imo have a temperature level that I wish to have them come on at, everyone is different.
Sounds like you should be driving another car with all that hate. So sorry to hear your experience has been subpar because it works really well for me. Almost too well.