Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but apparently you are super human and it doesn’t effect you. Carry on.
Actually I’m quite aware of when talking on the phone is distracting and literally tell the person on the other end to hold on until whatever situation on the road requires my attention has passed.

Because you know, talking on the phone isn’t a critical task and can be put on hold. Unlike say turning on your defogger. Just a thought.

2022.4.5 brought your first 'taste' of some updates, dash cam is back for ya... only a matter of time until those beloved heated seats become an option! I can sense your excitement and anticipation. I think that's where things are different though... I wouldn't be 'mad' if they brought it back or made any additional changes to try and please everyone... why all the hate? Time to appreciate!

Things I’ve learned from this thread (well and the countless others)

1. I will likely die driving my car in Denver during the winter if I want to keep my butt warm, my hands warm and my windshield clear
2. I’m a superhero cause I CAN still use the controls while driving and haven’t crashed yet or felt the least bit unsafe (uh oh see #1 - but maybe my superhero powers also include the ability to cheat death, who knows)

Gotta run - need to find a cape to buy

That…literally turns on your high beams.

So helpful! Any other “tips” from the v11 masters?
Sorry didn’t test it out while driving at night and yes when you set high beams on auto it won’t flash the lights during the day. My bad for the confusion. Auto is your friend, try to give up your illusion of control and see it for yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tezlowski
Sorry didn’t test it out while driving at night and yes when you have it set high beams on auto it won’t flush the lights during the day. My bad for the confusion. Auto is your friend, try to give up your illusion of control and see it for yourself.
thank you for this....I didn't want to point this out because people are getting so hateful on these threads. Many times they just don't know the easy answer.

I've got the perfect UI design:

310 copy.jpg

I ask this in all sincerity. What do people see as the benefits of the new UI? After a month and a half of driving with it I honestly don’t see any improvements. And if can ask another question, do you see a benefit from devoting about a third of the screen to the virtual driving environment? I have always trusted my eyes to provide situational awareness.

Reactions: lensovet
From my perspective, the time and efforts sunk for V11 should have been spent on tweaking and fixing V10 - the result would have been an overall better UI. Both, from driver’s and aesthetics point of view - and I realize that the latter is very subjective.

I have MS with two screens and my opinion may not be relevant for single screen 3/Y but I think that the FSD view of the car surroundings is helpful in adverse weather conditions. I use it quite a bit, as an aid, not FSD, in thick fog, snowstorm, when the road lanes are not visible, etc. Also, absent lane warnings, that is the best we have.

From my perspective, the time and efforts sunk for V11 should have been spent on tweaking and fixing V10 - the result would have been an overall better UI. Both, from driver’s and aesthetics point of view - and I realize that the latter is very subjective.

I have MS with two screens and my opinion may not be relevant for single screen 3/Y but I think that the FSD view of the car surroundings is helpful in adverse weather conditions. I use it quite a bit, as an aid, not FSD, in thick fog, snowstorm, when the road lanes are not visible, etc. Also, absent lane warnings, that is the best we have.

I would prefer the AP visualization to be present when it’s being used.

Another peeve of mine: In the V10, sometimes when you swiped to get the cards for tire pressure and such, the car being shown changed visualization perspective, but no card. I really felt it was 100% useless to see the car perspective change. Who cares what the car looks like from the side in the visualization? Why have that option at all?

Seriously, these UX engineers and FSD guys must think they walk on water at Tesla. Thus we get the V11.

How about having an option to turn it on and off? Honestly, I think Tesla is missing a lot of the customizing potential that the screen offers. It could have been an awesome selling point to be able to configure it the way you want it. Instead, we are getting some amateurish idea of what UI should be and that it is!

I would prefer the AP visualization to be present when it’s being used.

Another peeve of mine: In the V10, sometimes when you swiped to get the cards for tire pressure and such, the car being shown changed visualization perspective, but no card. I really felt it was 100% useless to see the car perspective change. Who cares what the car looks like from the side in the visualization? Why have that option at all?

Seriously, these UX engineers and FSD guys must think they walk on water at Tesla. Thus we get the V11.
Sounds like you have it all figured out, why not march into their offices and tell them how to do their jobs while providing zero ACTUAL research other than the very small v10 fan club you have here? The technology behind FSD is far superior to any AI on the market right now if you took the time to actually look at what they're accomplishing with it. Let's cut the nonsense here, all the hate for what?! Some crazy infatuation with heated seats and silly cards?

How about having an option to turn it on and off? Honestly, I think Tesla is missing a lot of the customizing potential that the screen offers. It could have been an awesome selling point to be able to configure it the way you want it. Instead, we are getting some amateurish idea of what UI should be and that it is!
True but how many years did it take for apple to offer wider degree of customization on iPhones and iPads?

• Helpful
Reactions: Tezlowski