Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Special Event with Elon in NYC on Nov 12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a 4 hour delay on our flight, we arrived to hear the final moments of the speeches, but got to take part in the after-party!

Great to meet George and Elon in person. George hinted about a couple of juicy things regarding Canadian Sig deliveries and that he will be in attendance at the Toronto store opening on Thursday.

I am looking forward to welcoming George to Canada at the Yorkdale Mall store later this week.

Thanks again to Tesla for putting on another first class event. If you watched the LiveStream, I don't have much to add, but here are a brief summary from my PoV for those folks that missed it:

VINs:
Outside, White: VIN P 1235
Inside, Red: VIN P 1211
Inside, Black: VIN P 1245 (not sure about the 4)

Good booze and snacks. George gave a pep talk ("doing this is nearly impossible") and thanked everyone. Elon said they wanted to have this in NYC to help out the city that struggled after Sandy, and pointed to his mom in the audience who just got power back to her flat. He also thanked the team and showed the Motor Trend Video. Edward Loh (?) from Motor Trend then talked through the rigorous process of selecting the vehicles and said that A) the vote was unanimous and B) 5 of the judges were there and you could ask them anything. Journalists then were able to ask questions, but it was very difficult to hear them despite the mics (which is a shame since I would have like to hear the Q&A).

After the presentation you could go up on stage and look at the cars and talk to the execs. I took a photo with the trophy, and then Franz von Holzhausen asked me if he could have it which I thought was funny. Later I took a photo with him and he even suggested we take it with the trophy, so I did that too. I talked to Elon and asked if the problems with Texas might interfere with the SuperCharger network, and he said no, it was two separate issues. I also got a photo with him handing me my Model S key since the guy in front of me did the same. Later I talked to George B and he gave me some insight into why I might have gotten my car a bit ahead of schedule (around that time, they needed to put 50 cars through per week, and mine just happened to have all the parts ready). I thanked Elon's mom for raising such a great guy who is changing the world, and we had a nice chat. Talking to the Motor Trend guys was very interesting. One or two said they actually liked the non-performance better than the performance saying they felt the ride was a touch better and quieter than comparable vehicle. Not all were convinced of the long term success of Tesla, either--most took the 'time will tell' approach, but voted based on the car in front of them.

Otherwise, I saw a number of folks from the NJ Get Amped event, and quite a few Tesla folks introduced themselves to me which was great. I'm on the shy side, so I didn't reach out to as many folks as I would have liked, but I talked to quite a few. As always, Tesla crowds are great, and overall, it was a very enjoyable event.

Unsubstantiated rumor heard at event from random person: Boston to NYC SuperCharger construction may be underway.
George also said he just got the beta iPhone application, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152262723210088.928090.547905087&type=1&l=853f039985

Last edited:
Thanks again to Tesla for putting on another first class event. If you watched the LiveStream, I don't have much to add, but here are a brief summary from my PoV for those folks that missed it:

VINs:
Outside, White: VIN P 1235
Inside, Red: VIN P 1211
Inside, Black: VIN P 1245 (not sure about the 4)

Good booze and snacks. George gave a pep talk ("doing this is nearly impossible") and thanked everyone. Elon said they wanted to have this in NYC to help out the city that struggled after Sandy, and pointed to his mom in the audience who just got power back to her flat. He also thanked the team and showed the Motor Trend Video. Edward Loh (?) from Motor Trend then talked through the rigorous process of selecting the vehicles and said that A) the vote was unanimous and B) 5 of the judges were there and you could ask them anything. Journalists then were able to ask questions, but it was very difficult to hear them despite the mics (which is a shame since I would have like to hear the Q&A).

After the presentation you could go up on stage and look at the cars and talk to the execs. I took a photo with the trophy, and then Franz von Holzhausen asked me if he could have it which I thought was funny. Later I took a photo with him and he even suggested we take it with the trophy, so I did that too. I talked to Elon and asked if the problems with Texas might interfere with the SuperCharger network, and he said no, it was two separate issues. I also got a photo with him handing me my Model S key since the guy in front of me did the same. Later I talked to George B and he gave me some insight into why I might have gotten my car a bit ahead of schedule (around that time, they needed to put 50 cars through per week, and mine just happened to have all the parts ready). I thanked Elon's mom for raising such a great guy who is changing the world, and we had a nice chat. Talking to the Motor Trend guys was very interesting. One or two said they actually liked the non-performance better than the performance saying they felt the ride was a touch better and quieter than comparable vehicle. Not all were convinced of the long term success of Tesla, either--most took the 'time will tell' approach, but voted based on the car in front of them.

Otherwise, I saw a number of folks from the NJ Get Amped event, and quite a few Tesla folks introduced themselves to me which was great. I'm on the shy side, so I didn't reach out to as many folks as I would have liked, but I talked to quite a few. As always, Tesla crowds are great, and overall, it was a very enjoyable event.

Unsubstantiated rumor heard at event from random person: Boston to NYC SuperCharger construction may be underway.

Great write up. I had plans with the wife today and I couldn't follow the live stream. This was exactly what I needed!

I was really keeping my fingers crossed for the supercharger announcement on the east coast but COTY is great for Tesla.