Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation: configuration queue for non owner line waiters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeling a little bummed out now, no invite yet. I am happy for those who reserved online and have got invites, but I am surprised that those who reserved online are already getting invites to configure, while those of us who stood in line, so definitely reserved before the online folks, are still waiting with no invites. Since the online reservations only started in the evening, wouldn't those be later in the reservation queue?

Feeling a little bummed out now, no invite yet. I am happy for those who reserved online and have got invites, but I am surprised that those who reserved online are already getting invites to configure, while those of us who stood in line, so definitely reserved before the online folks, are still waiting with no invites. Since the online reservations only started in the evening, wouldn't those be later in the reservation queue?

Tesla probably thinks all of us sad bastards who waited in line are less likely to cancel than those that ordered online so better to take care of them first.

I called to find out why the online reservation ppl was able to configure but not the ones stood in line, he said he doesn't know the logistics of it. He also mentioned that a lot of people are already calling and upset about it. He suggested to email [email protected]?
Wife stood in line before 6am 3/31 and was out the door by 11:45am in Dublin, Ca. Non owner..no invite.

Reactions: Devanish
I called to find out why the online reservation ppl was able to configure but not the ones stood in line, he said he doesn't know the logistics of it. He also mentioned that a lot of people are already calling and upset about it. He suggested to email [email protected]?
Wife stood in line before 6am 3/31 and was out the door by 11:45am in Dublin, Ca. Non owner..no invite.

One can assume that those that waited inline at high volume store locations are going to get pushed to some extent. It appears that high volume stores are jammed up not only trying to deliver cars, but service defects at those locations also.

I like where your head is at.
Being around 40th in line that morning in Pennsylvania...
I’m getting desperate and fearing a March state inspection being due on the ‘05 S40.

Are you my doppelganger? My 05 S40 has a permanently list check engine light and I'm running out of time before my inspection goes out of date (I'm lucky in that my current sticker is good through May instead of March but that is going to still creep up really quick)

• Funny
Reactions: Justmurr
Just speculation here - maybe San Diego was selected due the likelihood most would opt to purchase and not defer for dual motors (driving efficiency for Tesla & the Service Center)? Due to our climate here, not much need for dual motors assuming there isn't a performance benefit.

Just speculation here - maybe San Diego was selected due the likelihood most would opt to purchase and not defer for dual motors (driving efficiency for Tesla & the Service Center)? Due to our climate here, not much need for dual motors assuming there isn't a performance benefit.
There's a current state promotion going on in San Diego right now where the state hands you the tax credit right away. Unique to San Diego, the rest of us who qualify have to wait until tax time.

So maybe there's some thought that that program might go away, I dunno. I do know that the whole state rebate is funded with a set budget, and if you're in San Diego it seems you get to take the first crack at it.

There's a current state promotion going on in San Diego right now where the state hands you the tax credit right away. Unique to San Diego, the rest of us who qualify have to wait until tax time.

So maybe there's some thought that that program might go away, I dunno. I do know that the whole state rebate is funded with a set budget, and if you're in San Diego it seems you get to take the first crack at it.

It's the CVRP rebate that you apply for and then wait for approval, right? Not quite instantaneous, but better than waiting until next tax season.

It's the CVRP rebate that you apply for and then wait for approval, right? Not quite instantaneous, but better than waiting until next tax season.

You don't have to wait until tax time to request the CVRP rebate which is $2,500 for the Model 3. The pilot program for San Diego allows you to get pre-approved (and and reserves the funding) before you buy the EV. So it just allows you to get the rebate faster rather than waiting until after you buy the car to go through the process.

You don't have to wait until tax time to request the CVRP rebate which is $2,500 for the Model 3. The pilot program for San Diego allows you to get pre-approved (and and reserves the funding) before you buy the EV. So it just allows you to get the rebate faster rather than waiting until after you buy the car to go through the process.
Can you point me to this pilot program? Thanks!

Unfortunately, Tesla is not on their list of participating dealers. If I’m reading this correctly, it seems you can still get preapproval, but not all parts of the program apply?

I read it as you have 14 days after you have been pre-approved to submit all the relevant purchasing and registration paperwork, and then the check will be mailed out. Otherwise, it's roughly a 37 day wait once you've purchased the car (as indicated on their regular program page).

I read it as you have 14 days after you have been pre-approved to submit all the relevant purchasing and registration paperwork, and then the check will be mailed out. Otherwise, it's roughly a 37 day wait once you've purchased the car (as indicated on their regular program page).

That was my takeaway as well. It appears the dealer part is just being able to apply the money at time of purchase rather than waiting?

That was my takeaway as well. It appears the dealer part is just being able to apply the money at time of purchase rather than waiting?

This is correct. Your choices are either work with participating dealer to have the rebate deducted directly from your purchase price or (in the case for Tesla) have the check mailed to you.

What's not 100% clear to me is when the 14 day clock starts running. On the application, it says it starts on the day the submit the application. In other areas, it says the 14 days starts when you're pre-approved, which to me means when they review and approve your application. According the site, that is averaging 37 calendar days.

Since I've already ordered, I will wait until I get my delivery date scheduled, then apply for pre-approval. Either way, it's so early in the year that I'm not concerned about funding running out and I can wait a few extra weeks for the rebate.