Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im sure they can push silent updates out. A lot if us had a 'charge flap needs replacing' error after v8 was released. Only effect some European cars as we have a different charge port, it magically got fixed one night.

This speed conversion fault has been reported a lot over here but no sign of a fix. If it's not broke or needed in Fremont, it's low priority.

I'd hope that the car knew you were in NH and this was expected behavior. I know last year in Canada, I left MPH on for a while and it did the conversions from the Metric road signs perfectly to MPH.
I had the same problem as the OP. I also manually switched to KM from miles. When I mentioned it during service, they said to NOT manually change it, the car's GPS will figure it out and automatically report in KM. I haven't tried it so I cannot vouch for accuracy of the advice.

Just took delivery of a 75D in Canada. I'm on 17.22.46 and have the exact same issue as the OP. So not fixed in the latest... :(

Note that this is perhaps slightly different from the OP in that this is a Canadian car not American travelling to Canada. If there is such a thing.

A little lame as this would be an easy fix one would think.

Same here....took delivery on June 3rd in Canada.
Speed limit is showing 161 km/h on the highways.

Reported to [email protected], received the following reply
"This issue is currently being investigated. I have created a request to track this issue and have forwarded to your local service center for visibility. At this time you would not have to bring the vehicle into service. A fix will most likely be available with a future firmware update."

Just took delivery of a 75D in Canada. I'm on 17.22.46 and have the exact same issue as the OP. So not fixed in the latest... :(

Note that this is perhaps slightly different from the OP in that this is a Canadian car not American travelling to Canada. If there is such a thing.

A little lame as this would be an easy fix one would think.

Well, NOT really glad to hear this - but I am in a way. Especially as a Canadian, living in the US coming back to Canada - haha.

And I agree - no such thing as a Canadian Tesla/US Tesla. all built exactly the same in Fremont.

We need a fix. It is KILLING my use of autopilot on non-highways in New Brunswick. S.L.O.W!

What version of firmware are you on? I'm running 17.18.50 (looks like the latest version reported on ev-fw). I'll be in Canada in a couple of weeks; I can see if it's still an issue in this version.
Yes, I can confirm. I saw the same behavior on my trip to Montreal this past weekend.

Also, the speed limit sign reading got completely confused on A35 north, where they post 2 signs, one above the other, reading "Maximum 100" above and "60 Minimum" below. Sometimes it picked one, sometimes the other.

Yes, I can confirm. I saw the same behavior on my trip to Montreal this past weekend.

Also, the speed limit sign reading got completely confused on A35 north, where they post 2 signs, one above the other, reading "Maximum 100" above and "60 Minimum" below. Sometimes it picked one, sometimes the other.

Perhaps you can report it as well? Maybe the more voices, the quicker the fix...

I just took delivery of a S100D in Canada (near Toronto). And I have the problem in Canada. It thinks signs are MPH and up converts it by 1.6x to some silly number. So it says 97km/h limit on 60km roads and 160km/h limit on 100km freeways. This is pretty bad because it impacts me everyday, no need to travel across the border. I suppose it will work fine in the US but I live here in Canada.

Current firmware 17.18.50, it is doing an update and and I'll report tomorrow to see what version it is and see if the issue is fixed.

I was driving an AP1 loaner for the last 3 months and my new AP2 is worse on 17.18.50 based on very limited experience. I only tried it on local streets to a grocery store, but I've done that route many times on the AP1 which worked OK, AP2 never let me activate it and when it does work, it seems to be a lot less confident and be restricted to speeds that make it useless (not sure if it is related to speed limit issue). Fingers crossed that the latest firmware which is being installed now will be better.

Just updated to 17.24.30 and problem remains. My speed limit display is still messed up. The strange thing is that this car was picked up in Canada and I am in Canada. It isn't a cross boarder travel issue at all. Are all Canadian cats subject to this or am I special in an unlucky way?

Just updated to 17.24.30 and problem remains. My speed limit display is still messed up. The strange thing is that this car was picked up in Canada and I am in Canada. It isn't a cross boarder travel issue at all. Are all Canadian cats subject to this or am I special in an unlucky way?

I would say yes. No matter what country you are in, they all come from Fremont... Last summer when I came back home to Canada for the summer, it worked perfectly. PITA for sure - I'd start submitting emails and nag them

Here is what [email protected] said:

This issue is currently under investigation by our software team and should be resolved with a future firmware update soon, however we do not have an exact ETA for a fix at this time. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and recommend that you always update your vehicle when Firmware updates become available on your touchscreen.

I would encourage all who are affected to let them know. This is not a showstopping issue, but is very visible and am embarrassment to everyone whom I show the car to. This is not an edge case for me, as it doesn't require cross-border travel, it happens everyday around home and work.