Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed assist functionality degrade suddenly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2019 Model 3 Performance (HW3 and FSD) and around month ago since 2022.20.8 (or .7) speed assist (from speed signs or from mapdata) has mostly stopped working. Since that I car has received 2 updates and latest is 2022.24.8 and still same.
Software info shows that "vision only" appeared around 2022.20.
I live here in Finland and before this bug appeared cruise control and AP was working fine, speed always changed down if car moved for an example from 100km/h area to lower limit area (and displayed that speed limit also) And sure changed speed up also if cruise/AP was activated originally at higher speeds.
Now car just continues with set speed no matter if speed sign changes in car display.
I have tested several areas and same result.

All other AP functionality works ok.

What is going on?

After more testing in different roads.. I found that it is not totally "non working" but still very random.
I did test 60-80-50-80-100 (km/h) road and it worked like before ( mainly that 80-50-80 stretch) but return trip was odd.. 100-80-50 ok but 50-80 was very slow and jerky, I had to give bit pedal to get to 80km/h. However 80-60 was disaster, max set speed jumped to 107km/h (which was the speed set in 100km/h area)
Just imagine if there was speed camera or police radar.. (yes I know, driver is responsible to keep right speed but as for speed assist.. total failure..)