Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spoiler started working 2 months after delivery! P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I noticed that the adaptive spoiler started working after being stuck in the mid position for eight weeks, ever since pickup in January. Anyone else have this happen? The SC told me I'd need to return to have it reset by a technician which I'd not got round to doing. I'd tried the various resets suggested here but never any luck.

I wonder if Tesla is able to reset it over the air? I'll inform the SC and ask the question. Another possibility is that the latest general update may have fixed it.

I saw you driving the other day and your spoiler not moving was bugging the crap out of me. So I followed you home and later that night I broke in to your garage and fixed it.

Sorry. I hope this doesn't freak you out.

Nice dog, btw.

A

:) Much appreciated! Actually, I thought you were stalking me - my mistake. I gave the cops as much info as I could, hope you get it sorted out with them ok. :D

Yesterday I noticed that the adaptive spoiler started working after being stuck in the mid position for eight weeks, ever since pickup in January. Anyone else have this happen? The SC told me I'd need to return to have it reset by a technician which I'd not got round to doing. I'd tried the various resets suggested here but never any luck.

I wonder if Tesla is able to reset it over the air? I'll inform the SC and ask the question. Another possibility is that the latest general update may have fixed it.

I’m curious to hear what the SC says now. I had lots of trouble and only an on-site SC fix would do.
Rear spoiler ?

I entirely agree with you - just seems strange that it hasn't moved at all since delivery and now it works absolutely perfectly. I haven't opened the trunk (boot) for a week or two nor have I run over any potholes that might have moved something.
That was my other question... this latest update definitely wasn't the only update you ever got, since you've had it since January and you even said you'd done various system resets. Definitely a puzzler!

I had intermittent spoiler malfunctions for several months (sometimes stuck, sometimes angle changes opposite of expected, sometimes better with firmware updates, sometimes worse on cold days) until they replaced the spoiler's motor. It's been fine since. I'd suggest if it acts up again (even a little), take it in for service and insist they replace the spoiler motor.

Reactions: Tomnook