Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify - entering vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, Spotify app is glitchy and annoying. Often have playlists not load or show the wrong songs (Daily Mix). Have blank playlists and have to press play multiple times. Mostly an issue just after waking from sleep and driving off. Probably would be easier to just use Bluetooth from my phone honestly.

I'm on 2021.44.30.21 but it's been bad for a few updates now. Only had my car a year and only subbed to Premium a few months ago, so if it was ever a good experience I never really saw it.

Yep, Spotify app is glitchy and annoying. Often have playlists not load or show the wrong songs (Daily Mix). Have blank playlists and have to press play multiple times. Mostly an issue just after waking from sleep and driving off. Probably would be easier to just use Bluetooth from my phone honestly.

I'm on 2021.44.30.21 but it's been bad for a few updates now. Only had my car a year and only subbed to Premium a few months ago, so if it was ever a good experience I never really saw it.

It was perfect in my demo Y in Oct 2021 and also during for the first 6-8 weeks in my 2022 Model YLR ownership. One of the recent updates completely botched it. I've been a Premium subscriber for years too.

Heh, while it definitely could be Spotify itself that is the issue, I can't help but feel that's an easy cop-out answer on the service dept's behalf. It would be one thing if it still brought up Spotify, but didn't resume. I find it odd that it kicks you back to the choose media source screen though.
I doubt it is Spotify as it's working perfectly for me (and probably countless thousands of others). Spotify hasn't indicated any large-scale issues on their Twitter feed (unlike early March when it was actually down). I did have a strange issue later last month but that was rectified by doing the wheel configuration change reboot.

This is definitely a recent bug. It switches to Chose Media Source.

But... I find that as long as the car has data (WiFi or Cellular) if I press the left scroll wheel it just switches back to Spotify and resumes playing. I've been successful with that 95% of the time. YMMV
Thanks for the left scroll wheel tip. Works most of the time. And so much better than first 1-5 minutes with blank Spotify switching between sources, clicking reload when it shows up and cursing Tesla for releasing something so buggy.

Yeah, I notice that too. It happens when the car has been asleep and when it wakes… it doesn’t reconnect Spotify.

I think you could be onto something here.... and if Tesla actually had a software support forum for customers that they were part of, they might be able to read, diagnose and reproduce more easily and then fix it.... They IMHO should treat their support not as 'one' via app/text messaging but have support for Hardware and support for Software with very different approaches to engage and have their customers help them improve the experience for everyone.

How many people are using the Tesla provided Spotify account and seeing the problem and how many people are using their own Spotify account. Can we narrow the problem down to the Tesla provided account I wonder????

Let me know if you've seen the hanging/blank spotify interface when using your own Spotify account (not the car's provided one)

How many people are using the Tesla provided Spotify account and seeing the problem and how many people are using their own Spotify account. Can we narrow the problem down to the Tesla provided account I wonder????

Let me know if you've seen the hanging/blank spotify interface when using your own Spotify account (not the car's provided one)
Not sure what you mean. I use the Spotify app that is on the car, logged in to my account. Tesla doesn't provide an account, only the app. I'm not even sure if you can use the app on the car if you're not logged into your own account, can you?

Not sure what you mean. I use the Spotify app that is on the car, logged in to my account. Tesla doesn't provide an account, only the app. I'm not even sure if you can use the app on the car if you're not logged into your own account, can you?

In the UK at least, the spotify app in the car allows you to use either a Tesla provided Spotify account (with paid premium connectivity) or you can sign in with your own personal Spotify account.

I think you could be onto something here.... and if Tesla actually had a software support forum for customers that they were part of, they might be able to read, diagnose and reproduce more easily and then fix it.... They IMHO should treat their support not as 'one' via app/text messaging but have support for Hardware and support for Software with very different approaches to engage and have their customers help them improve the experience for everyone.

With the last 3+ OTA updates.. I've not encountered Spotify issues like before. They seemed to be resolved now.

Interesting thought, I have a M3 loaner for a couple weeks. I have haven't signed into my Spotify put use the generic streaming and it works just fine

If I want to continue a playlist where I left off, rather than have it go back to my Spotify home page, I simply pause the playback before shutting off the car. Then when I’m next in the car, I hit play and it resumes where it left off. My real issue is that when one lives in a spotty cell phone reception area, like I do, I can’t listen to Spotify until I am in cell phone range.