Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky 2nd Row Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have this issue? We have a seven seat configuration and when the middle row passenger side seat is moved up because someone is sitting in the third row and they need leg room or the third row seats are flat for storage which moves the second row seats forward some then the second row passenger side seat makes contact with the FWD which squeaks as I drive. Not only is this annoying, but eventually the leather will show wear marks. The funny thing is the second row drivers side seat does not make contact with the FWD. The car is currently at the SC for a number of issues and this is the one they currently cannot fix nor do they have an answer for me other than the six seat configuration X's they have in the shop do not have this issue while the seven seat configuration X's do have this issue.

I have the same issue. 7 seater configuration on a 2018 Model X. It's had a squeaky middle row since I bought it in June 2018.

I've brought it into Tesla's Service Center in Seattle but it's still squeaky. Not sure what else to do :(
Are you talking about this issue?

Owners with 5seats/7seats bench

The issue from OP is different because he has the monopolist configuration (per the date posted).

We have the same issue, and as Sparrow says - problem only happens when that seat is all the way back. Moving it slightly forward eliminates the squeak. This will be on our list to get checked when we take the X in for service.

Rode in our X yesterday and noticed how bad the squeaking was from the middle row seats. I was surprised, because I had moved the seats to the forward most position (to increase storage space in the rear) - and thought that fixed the noise.

The seats had been moved to the rearmost position - causing the squeaking again - which was easily fixed by moving the forward - again.

This will be something we address with Tesla on our next (first) service visit.

IMG_4242.jpg

Has anybody ever found a permanent fix for this problem (or at least a home fix so it doesn't have to go into service every time it re-occurs)? Mine was also fixed temporarily by the Bellevue SC, but has returned. It might be temperature-dependent. I had a ranger out for another problem, and sure enough, absolutely no squeak. It was cold. The next day, constant squeak.

Had this on my X as well. Found it was caused by the seat back rubbing on the FWD. Drove me nuts because I would jump into the back seat, try shaking and moving about and it was silent. Drive away and the squeak would come back. Of course while I was trying to replicate the squeak, I had the FWD open!

There is a fix:

Capture.JPG

Reactions: outie