TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Squeaky 2nd Row Seat

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Greg, Jul 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Greg

Greg Member

Does anyone else have this issue? We have a seven seat configuration and when the middle row passenger side seat is moved up because someone is sitting in the third row and they need leg room or the third row seats are flat for storage which moves the second row seats forward some then the second row passenger side seat makes contact with the FWD which squeaks as I drive. Not only is this annoying, but eventually the leather will show wear marks. The funny thing is the second row drivers side seat does not make contact with the FWD. The car is currently at the SC for a number of issues and this is the one they currently cannot fix nor do they have an answer for me other than the six seat configuration X's they have in the shop do not have this issue while the seven seat configuration X's do have this issue.

2. SeattleRealtor

SeattleRealtor New Member

I have the same issue. 7 seater configuration on a 2018 Model X. It's had a squeaky middle row since I bought it in June 2018.

I've brought it into Tesla's Service Center in Seattle but it's still squeaky. Not sure what else to do :(

3. outie

outie Active Member

Are you talking about this issue?

Owners with 5seats/7seats bench

The issue from OP is different because he has the monopolist configuration (per the date posted).

4. dethman

dethman Member

super squeaky when i took delivery. fixed at the first service appointment, returned again. fixed again and now the front passenger seat squeaks.

yup. american craftsmanship.

5. Varmint

Varmint Member

Same issue here in a 7 seater 2018 X. Second row passenger seat on the right (the 40 seat of the 60/40 bench). Driving me insane.

6. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

Mine appears to be the passenger side bench seat too in the 7 seater. Moved it forward slightly and no squeak.

7. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

We have the same issue, and as Sparrow says - problem only happens when that seat is all the way back. Moving it slightly forward eliminates the squeak. This will be on our list to get checked when we take the X in for service.

8. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Rode in our X yesterday and noticed how bad the squeaking was from the middle row seats. I was surprised, because I had moved the seats to the forward most position (to increase storage space in the rear) - and thought that fixed the noise.

The seats had been moved to the rearmost position - causing the squeaking again - which was easily fixed by moving the forward - again.

This will be something we address with Tesla on our next (first) service visit.

9. outie

outie Active Member

How do you think Tesla will address it besides applying some lubes? Will they replace the seat?

10. Wonder

Wonder New Member

IMG_4242.jpg

Attached Files:

11. teethdood

teethdood Member

I have the same squeaking issue. Cranking up the music helped. I'm going to try the lube thing before I bring it in.

12. dknisely

dknisely Member

Has anybody ever found a permanent fix for this problem (or at least a home fix so it doesn't have to go into service every time it re-occurs)? Mine was also fixed temporarily by the Bellevue SC, but has returned. It might be temperature-dependent. I had a ranger out for another problem, and sure enough, absolutely no squeak. It was cold. The next day, constant squeak.

13. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Got back from service last Friday, was told SC looked into it and fixed it. However the squeak is still persistent.:mad:

14. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Had this on my X as well. Found it was caused by the seat back rubbing on the FWD. Drove me nuts because I would jump into the back seat, try shaking and moving about and it was silent. Drive away and the squeak would come back. Of course while I was trying to replicate the squeak, I had the FWD open!

There is a fix:

Capture.JPG

• Like x 1