Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky front suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it sure was. Tech said the seals can split so visual inspection and reseal if needed.

Also checked and noted all tyre depths on invoice which I thought was a nice touch

My invoices have gone from the app again, can only see the service date / location.

Screenshot_20210901-013409_OneDrive.jpg

Thanks. I'll mention it on the new service request - they didn't have one of the parts needed so return visit to finish the job - better than losing the car for best part of the week (or more) as has happened in the past.

I just wish that old service requests were not deleted so that I could just cut/paste their relevant text but I'll use the wording from above 👍

I have similar noises on my 2019 SR+ - Took it to MK a few months ago and they said no issue, it was likely the winter mud flaps I have fitted. But yesterday with 4 in the car, one of which was a 17 stone bloke, the noise was so much worse on slow corners particuarly. I'm now trying to re-locate the tool to remove the flaps, and if it still does it re-book it in.

I queried this and got a detailed explanation that the left side is different and this particular issue doesn't happen on the left side at least not on the RHD from what I gather.
That sounds like BS to me. The arms have the same ball joint left or right and it's this that makes the creaking. I can think of no reason why one side would be immune to this problem and I suspect if you search you'll find owners who have had this porblem on the left side.

That sounds like BS to me. The arms have the same ball joint left or right and it's this that makes the creaking. I can think of no reason why one side would be immune to this problem and I suspect if you search you'll find owners who have had this porblem on the left side.
I wasn't told they were different ball joints but there is extra support on the passenger side or something like that, not heard of a RHD with a passenger side squeak but I don't really care as long as it doesn't squeak now.

Reactions: Dangerous Fish
In SC because of creaky/squeaky off-side suspension.
Action:
Both front control arms have been replaced, apparently they were beyond re-lubrication, he tells me that water gets in and causes rusting, the new part designed so that water can’t get into it, so the problem can’t happen again - so that’s reassuring! 😊

• Informative
Reactions: Alex987854
How obvious is the noise that this makes?

Reason I ask is that I’ve noticed a sortof wailing noise (I wouldn’t describe it as a squeak) sometimes when manoeuvring the car around at low speeds. It doesn’t always happen but since the car is otherwise silent it stands out.

I’ve not heard it at normal driving speeds.

My car is a March 2020 but has barely done 2k miles, but it has been washed many times so there’s a good chance the inside of the wheel wells have been disproportionately wet relative to that mileage.

Live in rainy Seattle. Literally developed significant new squeak and rattle from one day to the next with any movement of car or turning of the steering wheel. Annoying as heck. Went into service after 2 week schedule and they knew already what the problem was. They already scheduled and replaced both front control arms indicating that bushing seals known to fail especially in wet environments. They did not bother to try and reseal other than replace and extra bushing sealant. Under warranty fortunately since cost was reported as $800+. Only 25000 miles received car Oct 2018.