Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Front window corner speakers no audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my SR+ last week. Car is great, except I've been disappointed with the audio. I learned a few days ago that the speakers at the top of hte A pillar only work with 'immersive sound', which is currently not an option in SR+ (I'm assuming in a future software release)

However, when trying to figure out if any audio was coming from those speakers I also realized that there was no sound coming from the Driver/Passenger Window corner speakers also. There is definitely sound (mostly bass) coming from the lower front door speakers, but no sound coming from the 2 speakers where the driver/passenger windows meet the A pillar.

Is this also part of immersive sound, or should I do a reset/bring it in for service?

Took delivery of my SR+ last week. Car is great, except I've been disappointed with the audio. I learned a few days ago that the speakers at the top of hte A pillar only work with 'immersive sound', which is currently not an option in SR+ (I'm assuming in a future software release)

However, when trying to figure out if any audio was coming from those speakers I also realized that there was no sound coming from the Driver/Passenger Window corner speakers also. There is definitely sound (mostly bass) coming from the lower front door speakers, but no sound coming from the 2 speakers where the driver/passenger windows meet the A pillar.

Is this also part of immersive sound, or should I do a reset/bring it in for service?
I have a similar issue and based on videos of other owners audio from the A pillars is a feature of immersive audio. We paid for the feature so I don't understand why we can't enable it. Has anyone heard Tesla acknowledge the issue?

I have a similar issue and based on videos of other owners audio from the A pillars is a feature of immersive audio. We paid for the feature so I don't understand why we can't enable it. Has anyone heard Tesla acknowledge the issue?

Thanks, just to clarify, you are not getting sound from either the speaker at the top of the pillar as well as the speaker in the window corner?

I did send in a question about immersive sound via the Tesla website, but no answer.

Thanks, just to clarify, you are not getting sound from either the speaker at the top of the pillar as well as the speaker in the window corner?

I did send in a question about immersive sound via the Tesla website, but no answer.
I can only verify the A pillar. Maybe I'll grab a paper roll tonight to isolate the speakers in the window corner and see if I hear anything. (Highly scientific test I know).

Reactions: sygyzy
I can only verify the A pillar. Maybe I'll grab a paper roll tonight to isolate the speakers in the window corner and see if I hear anything. (Highly scientific test I know).

Thanks if you could let me know what you find that would be great. Cause I knew about the A pillar speakers not working, but then realized the window speakers weren't.

Same issue here, nothing out of those speakers. OP can you check if you have speakers installed in your rear shelf, behind the seats? I can clearly see them through the mesh, but they too don't work. Also checked for good measure and there is no subwoofer.

Is anyone else a bit peeved that we were sold immersive audio but it wasn't provided upon purchase? I'm guessing these speakers won't work until the setting is enabled.

Definitely frustrating. If we were at least informed that immersive audio won't be available until X date it would be easier. I just feel silly shoving my head next to these speakers wondering if they work or not and then wondering if they are supposed to or if they're broken.

Same issue here, nothing out of those speakers. OP can you check if you have speakers installed in your rear shelf, behind the seats? I can clearly see them through the mesh, but they too don't work. Also checked for good measure and there is no subwoofer.

Took a look and I see 2 circles through the mesh in the back that I assume are actual speakers rather than just empty holes where speakers would go. I've seen a video on youtube where they look and saw that there is an empty space where the subwoofer would be. So we definitely don't have all the stuff premium would have, but it also looks like there are non functional speakers as well.

What software version do you have? On another thread I read that Immersive has been removed for everyone in the latest version.

Are you sure there are actually speakers behind the grille at the bottom of the A pillar? I think standard sound is something like 8 speakers vs. 14 in premium and rather than inserting a plastic piece to cover the speaker at the bottom of the A pillar, they simply left the grille from the premium package in place.

What software version do you have? On another thread I read that Immersive has been removed for everyone in the latest version.

Are you sure there are actually speakers behind the grille at the bottom of the A pillar? I think standard sound is something like 8 speakers vs. 14 in premium and rather than inserting a plastic piece to cover the speaker at the bottom of the A pillar, they simply left the grille from the premium package in place.

Certain. i've seen a youtube video of someone with SR+ who took it apart and found the speaker there.

Tesla Model 3 Standard Partial Premium vs Premium Audio Comparison : teslamotors
Skip to ~7 mins. There are definitely speakers at the top of the A pillar and at the corner of the driver/passenger windows.

he wasn't able to get into the back to see if there are speakers in the back, but confirmed there is no subwoofer.

I'm running 2019.5.15

Certain. i've seen a youtube video of someone with SR+ who took it apart and found the speaker there.

Tesla Model 3 Standard Partial Premium vs Premium Audio Comparison : teslamotors
Skip to ~7 mins. There are definitely speakers at the top of the A pillar and at the corner of the driver/passenger windows.

he wasn't able to get into the back to see if there are speakers in the back, but confirmed there is no subwoofer.

I'm running 2019.5.15
I'm glad that someone was crazy enough to pull off panels to check. If the speakers aren't working by the next software update we riot.

According to the information I have seen the SR+ should have 8 active speakers.

So that would be two in each front door, one in each rear door, and the two upper A pillar immersive speakers once they get the option fixed. (They removed the option from people with LR cars in the latest update, so, surprise, they broke something audio related.)

Over the SR+ Full premium cars have 6 additional speakers as well as a subwoofer... Where do they hide all of them? (Rear deck 2? windshield grill 4?)

My question would be what speaker gets disabled in a SR car? (Maybe they use the driver's side upper A pillar speaker for navigation directions?)

Tesla Interior Packages Comparison.jpg

From what I can hear, it seems my SR+ is outputting audio from the dash speakers, front doors, and rear doors. If there are indeed four in the dash, that's all eight as advertised. That said, I can clearly see speakers in the rear deck, and when including the pillar speakers that adds up to 12 in total.

According to the information I have seen the SR+ should have 8 active speakers.

So that would be two in each front door, one in each rear door, and the two upper A pillar immersive speakers once they get the option fixed. (They removed the option from people with LR cars in the latest update, so, surprise, they broke something audio related.)

Over the SR+ Full premium cars have 6 additional speakers as well as a subwoofer... Where do they hide all of them? (Rear deck 2? windshield grill 4?)

My question would be what speaker gets disabled in a SR car? (Maybe they use the driver's side upper A pillar speaker for navigation directions?)

View attachment 388528
Has anyone detailed where the original 14 speakers are located?

I believe the immersive sound will come in software update. I believe they just rushed these SR+ out the door with quick software limitations. The map is stuck on satellite view even thought we arent supposed to have it. Also, some users dont have the fog light switch option in the menu even those others do. Hopefully itll all be figured out soon enough.

Reactions: sygyzy