Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep! HODL! Picked my up last night, nearly flawless. Had one issue, at least that I noticed. The passenger window was sticking out a little and they fixed that in about 30 minutes on the spot. Drove it from Nashville down to Huntsville and it rode amazing. So fun to drive, got home and let wife try it and when I thought she was finished and about to pull into the neighborhood we just drove right past it, happened three times! The wait feels like an eternity but it truly is worth it.

2021MY1.jpg

I got a VIN just now! By text. Only thing is that it's not SR 7 seater... It's LR. After waiting for too long (since Jan 10) out of a car, my wife and I decided to order a LR as well and just take whichever comes first. MY LR White/black/19"/7 seat/VIN 158XXX , ordered on March 15, 2021, is already on transit and picking it up this Sunday 28. I'm sorry it's not SR news.

Spoke to my advisor today and she said Tesla is no longer taking orders for the Standard Range MY but everyone that has already placed an order already will be honored.

So I thought to get a thread going for 7 Seat, SR Model Y. If there already is, I apologize.

SR Ordered 2/3
Pearl White
Black/White interior
20 inch rims
7 seats
South Florida

No current estimated delivery but my advisor says “Sometime in March”
Have you taken delivery?h
Hey Gang! Thanks for starting the thread @Stressla420 I had an ETA and it vanished on the 12th or so. I called my SA who is really nice but isnt helpful at all and he just said that my SR would still be delivered and his method for figure out the date is by taking my order date, 2/1/21 and adding between 2-6 weeks and saying we are still looking good, you should get the VIN soon.

I agree with bryan995, I think the price drop was to clear inventory and Flaximus is right about still be able to order but having to jump through a few hoops. The LR is $9K more and my daily commute is only about 20 miles so the SR is perfect for me.

Here is hoping we all get VIN's real soon!!
Have you taken delivery?

I got a VIN just now! By text. Only thing is that it's not SR 7 seater... It's LR. After waiting for too long (since Jan 10) out of a car, my wife and I decided to order a LR as well and just take whichever comes first. MY LR White/black/19"/7 seat/VIN 158XXX , ordered on March 15, 2021, is already on transit and picking it up this Sunday 28. I'm sorry it's not SR news.
um, yeah, could have been a *little* less enthusiastic on the lead, or said LR at first. Consider editing...was super excited after the first line, only to find out completely irrelevant to this thread. sorry if harsh, don't mean to be, just saving some others the disappointment.

Reactions: Enig
Anyone hear anything official about cancellation of SR 7 seater deliveries?

I ordered 2/13 and still have no VIN or official communication from Tesla. I’ve read rumors that if you haven’t been matched you are out of luck.
I placed my order on 1/21/2021 and my SA from Tesla Brea Mall told me that Tesla would honor the orders placed prior to the day they announced that they are no longer going to make the SR -MY which was sometime towards the end of February but because I have been reading so many different information on the forums I decided to call Tesla Buena Park ( where I would take delivery ) to try to get some type of confirmation & a guy named JJ told me that he is 90% sure that I would NOT get a car since they stopped producing the SR's .
I told him that I placed the order way before they stopped taking orders and he said "I doubt you'd get one" but he will contact me if he hears any updates and I thought that was a ridiculous answer so I sent my SA a text regarding the info I was given by Tesla Buena Park & he told me not to worry because his manager said he's never heard anything about cancelling the SR's that made the deadline/cut & that my order is still active and was never cancelled . He said I will get the car, however it probably won't be until mid April now versus the original delivery date I was given which was Feb 24-Mar 3.
So let's keep our fingers crossed that these SR's will come through. Its been 9 weeks and I'm running out of patience & tired of getting the run around.

Reactions: ElleRo
I placed my order on 1/21/2021 and my SA from Tesla Brea Mall told me that Tesla would honor the orders placed prior to the day they announced that they are no longer going to make the SR -MY which was sometime towards the end of February but because I have been reading so many different information on the forums I decided to call Tesla Buena Park ( where I would take delivery ) to try to get some type of confirmation & a guy named JJ told me that he is 90% sure that I would NOT get a car since they stopped producing the SR's .
I told him that I placed the order way before they stopped taking orders and he said "I doubt you'd get one" but he will contact me if he hears any updates and I thought that was a ridiculous answer so I sent my SA a text regarding the info I was given by Tesla Buena Park & he told me not to worry because his manager said he's never heard anything about cancelling the SR's that made the deadline/cut & that my order is still active and was never cancelled . He said I will get the car, however it probably won't be until mid April now versus the original delivery date I was given which was Feb 24-Mar 3.
So let's keep our fingers crossed that these SR's will come through. Its been 9 weeks and I'm running out of patience & tired of getting the run around.
I would feel so much better with a straight answer. It seems like bad business to just cancel orders that they took. They ran my credit and also took my money. I was pushed to order when my car was totaled. I would love confirmation either way so I can make an informed decision. In any case I hope your SA is correct, mine is just ambiguous with his responses.

Reactions: jendegooze
I would feel so much better with a straight answer. It seems like bad business to just cancel orders that they took. They ran my credit and also took my money. I was pushed to order when my car was totaled. I would love confirmation either way so I can make an informed decision. In any case I hope your SA is correct, mine is just ambiguous with his responses.
I share the same sentiment. I straight out told my SA that they all need to be on the same page because there are a lot of misinformation going around and people are getting confused & frustrated.
My SA sounded very confident with his answer as he had his Supervisor backing him up so I am giving it another week or so and make my final decision if they still haven't figured their **** together . Good luck to all of us still waiting for SR VIN's =)

I share the same sentiment. I straight out told my SA that they all need to be on the same page because there are a lot of misinformation going around and people are getting confused & frustrated.
My SA sounded very confident with his answer as he had his Supervisor backing him up so I am giving it another week or so and make my final decision if they still haven't figured their **** together . Good luck to all of us still waiting for SR VIN's =)
Apparently the SA, delivery teams and factory don’t talk. We are pretty close in distance, what is your configuration?

funny you say that. I placed an order on feb 9 at buena park and one of the people working assured me also that they will most likely not give me the SR Y and im hearing from other people on this forum that we are getting it till april so im so confused and at this point im sooooo frustrated

funny you say that. I placed an order on feb 9 at buena park and one of the people working assured me also that they will most likely not give me the SR Y and im hearing from other people on this forum that we are getting it till april so im so confused and at this point im sooooo frustrated
I wonder if its the same person LOL. At this point, I feel like they are using this as a sales tactic to frustrate us until we decide on our own to cancel our SR orders to get us to switch to a higher profit margin car like an LR since they are losing $ on these Unicorns however,I don't need a longer range since this would be a 3rd and my daily driver car with then intent of using it for short distance driving so I am holding my ground =)

Last edited:
Reactions: kcast13

I called the Buena Park location yesterday in regards to my order and they still said I will get it end of month.....
Very doubtful as we only have a few days left but we'll see.

They never mentioned that I won't be getting it but again who knows.

Wish they would just tell everyone straight up instead of this bs.

No VIN yet.

So they think you’ll get a vin and pick up by Wednesday? as in, your vehicle will be born tomorrow, shipped to SoCal and theyll have an open delivery appointment time? I’d guess they are booked through the end of the month already with all the cars built and delivered last week. Seems like a stretch to get all that done. However, new model y still shows as 1-10 week delivery window when ordering.

I wonder if its the same person LOL. At this point, I feel like they are using this as a sales tactic to frustrate us until we decide on our own to cancel our SR orders to get us to switch to a higher profit margin car like an LR since they are losing $ on these Unicorns however,I don't need a longer range since this would be a 3rd and my daily driver car with then intent of using it for short distance driving so I am holding my ground
I called the Buena Park location yesterday in regards to my order and they still said I will get it end of month.....
Very doubtful as we only have a few days left but we'll see.

They never mentioned that I won't be getting it but again who knows.

Wish they would just tell everyone straight up instead of this bs.

No VIN yet.
I just checked my account today and now it says estimated delivery March 30-31 but I don’t see anything else.