Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR owners only (NOT SR+) What is your max range at 100% SOC?

SR- range at 100% SOC

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just charged to 100% yesterday. 216 miles reported. Everyone seems to be freaking out about how they have lost range..... Have you ever considered that the reading may be off? Has anyone actually drove from 100% down to 0% and recorded kw used and consumption rate? I doubt anyone has lost range, the car is just reporting less. Whether that is through a deliberate move by Tesla (maybe 0 doesn't actually mean zero anymore) or a software bug, we don't know.

I'm trying to do that but it's tough with life lol.

What can we do about it if Tesla locked up too much and they cannot fix it?

Cry about it, J/k, but actually speak up in unison.

I voluntarily downgraded my SR+ to SR after 6 months and 17k miles. I went from 238mi at 100% to 207, and my real world mileage seems to have taken a hit as well.

Sounds like your in line with the rest of us. I've noticed my SR does not get even remotely close to the EPA Range or even the measly "206" at best I've gotten. 190 at 212 kw/m

Sounds like your in line with the rest of us. I've noticed my SR does not get even remotely close to the EPA Range or even the measly "206" at best I've gotten. 190 at 212 kw/m

I am curious to know what this is based off of? Did you actually drive 100% to 0% where the car stopped driving and then recorded 190 at 212? At 212 wh/mi you should be getting close to 236 miles assuming a 50kw battery.

I am curious to know what this is based off of? Did you actually drive 100% to 0% where the car stopped driving and then recorded 190 at 212? At 212 wh/mi you should be getting close to 236 miles assuming a 50kw battery.

Based off 100% to 2%, and yes I agree I should be getting 238 at that rating.

I didn't take a picture because I was told by everyone to "shut up and enjoy the car," next I get a chance I will though.

Is 50kw the battery cap? When I see the watts drained I'm not even getting close to 50kw, does the range counter also calculate for everything else in the car? Like lights, and A/C?

Based off 100% to 2%, and yes I agree I should be getting 238 at that rating.

I didn't take a picture because I was told by everyone to "shut up and enjoy the car," next I get a chance I will though.

Is 50kw the battery cap? When I see the watts drained I'm not even getting close to 50kw, does the range counter also calculate for everything else in the car? Like lights, and A/C?

The kw used from my understanding should account for things like the cabin heater and other high voltage output. Not sure if it takes into account the 12v system but the 12v system is charged from the high voltage system so possibly but the 12v system should be a minimal draw. The assumption is that the SR is capped at 50 while the SR+ (our physical battery pack size) is around 54-55kw. At 225 wh/mi and 50kw that equates to 220 miles. SR+ at 54kw and 225 wh/mi is 240 miles.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ElectricEel
If my calculations hold water, my 205 mile SR has had just under 7% range loss in under 6 months and 8000 miles.

I do live in the deep South, so heat is a factor. June through August averaged 95+ degrees daily.

I am in almost same situation. Was 240miles at 100% SOC before downgrade. Now I am around 208miles at 100% SOC. Live in Florida.