Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting times... seems the demo buys may free up some spots for those of us waiting on their new deliveries. Some of us rushing to buy the "older" cars with passenger lumbar support and radar (though it will likely not be used by Autopilot in the near future), while others don't want to miss out on other updates to the car (door trim, headlights). Some want to buy before next price hikes, others want to delay for possible EV tax rebates, that may or may not pass and may or may not be retroactive to May 26th.

It's all a guessing game. :)

Good luck to all! At this point, I *think* I'm good with waiting. Sure, I'd rather have radar, but it may not matter. :-/

Interesting times... seems the demo buys may free up some spots for those of us waiting on their new deliveries. Some of us rushing to buy the "older" cars with passenger lumbar support and radar (though it will likely not be used by Autopilot in the near future), while others don't want to miss out on other updates to the car (door trim, headlights). Some want to buy before next price hikes, others want to delay for possible EV tax rebates, that may or may not pass and may or may not be retroactive to May 26th.

Good luck to all! At this point, I *think* I'm good with waiting. Sure, I'd rather have radar, but it may not matter. :-/

I'm not afraid of TeslaVision, Musk and Tesla wouldn't push out a product that is far less advance then sonar. They know something we don't and are moving away from sonar for a reason.. Give it time let them collect the data and build Tesla Vision. One thing I know from Sonar vs TeslaVision is this... Sonar cannot tell me if that is a human/dog/car/kid in front of me... But what can? TeslaVision it's all getting ready for the FSD.

To be fair, a lot of the demo cars are the refreshed versions. Mine is, manufactured in April! Has the new headlights & door trim. Dont really care about the radar issue because I have a subaru with cameras only and it honestly works flawlessly 98% of the time.

To be fair, a lot of the demo cars are the refreshed versions. Mine is, manufactured in April! Has the new headlights & door trim. Dont really care about the radar issue because I have a subaru with cameras only and it honestly works flawlessly 98% of the time.

Ah, ok. I heard people on here grabbing demo cars with radar, so figured they were not the current refresh models. I know I test drove a car just last Monday in Atlanta, and all of their demo Model 3s lacked the new door trim.

I currently drive a Subaru, but it is a 2014 without EyeSight, so have no experience with that system. Have read good things about it, though. I *hope* Tesla Vision will be fine (and I'm thinking it probably will be), but since I've only ever test drove Teslas with radar, I can only base my impressions of Tesla Autopilot with that in mind.

I'm not afraid of TeslaVision, Musk and Tesla wouldn't push out a product that is far less advance then sonar. They know something we don't and are moving away from sonar for a reason.. Give it time let them collect the data and build Tesla Vision. One thing I know from Sonar vs TeslaVision is this... Sonar cannot tell me if that is a human/dog/car/kid in front of me... But what can? TeslaVision it's all getting ready for the FSD.
Bingo! Spot on... Read on some article about how Ford was going that route too with the mach

Reactions: mdanieltech
I agree, they will get there eventually, but I'd prefer to not be a guinea pig for 2 years while they work out the kinks. There is no way this was a planned launch, this was out of necessity because of a parts shortage, and I don't think their code is 100% finished yet. I would've taken the one I ordered with TeslaVision, but since I saw the opportunity to get a demo car, I'd rather get the one I've driven and has been working pretty well for years.

Reactions: mdanieltech
I clicked the link but I guess it's gone already. So quick!
Dammmmnnnn...

Here's the proof that it *did* exist... momentarily...

1622828731171.png

Reactions: makirules
I agree, they will get there eventually, but I'd prefer to not be a guinea pig for 2 years while they work out the kinks. There is no way this was a planned launch, this was out of necessity because of a parts shortage, and I don't think their code is 100% finished yet. I would've taken the one I ordered with TeslaVision, but since I saw the opportunity to get a demo car, I'd rather get the one I've driven and has been working pretty well for years.

I understand seems like a lot of people are jumping ship because of the lead times on this... Seems as if if I want anything I need to go into Ohio/Indiana or even Chicago.. Michigan has nothing or personally I'd pull the trigger also on it, not to concerned of 1-2K miles on it as long as it looks great and it's clean and no damage I'll take it.

I can't argue with your thinking (though the "necessity because of a parts shortage" part is at least a bit speculative). But I don't know that it will take 2 years to work out the kinks--I would bet that they have been testing Tesla Vision (without radar) for some time.

I can't argue with your thinking (though the "necessity because of a parts shortage" part is at least a bit speculative). But I don't know that it will take 2 years to work out the kinks--I would bet that they have been testing Tesla Vision (without radar) for some time.

Yea I believe once these batches of cars start rolling out and data starts going back to Tesla the code will be tightened up and features will start coming back and you will start seeing better performance and out the driving... I think there will be some crashes with this, don't know how that will play out... But I'm going to use it, I work in IT so only one way to fix the issue... Get rid of the bugs and look at the data..

Just spoke with my SA and they said my estimated delivery date is June 26 but they hope sooner because “they’re getting in a big shipment within the next week”. Who knows. System is still sliding, Yesterday it was June 17-30, today June 18-30. Half tempted to do a demo instead but don’t think it’s worth driving half a day with the family (plus a 6yo and a 3yo) to pick it up, then half a day back when it’s supposedly going to be here by the end of the month or sooner. Plus, I still don’t have the plug installed.

Yea, 2 years is definitely a worst case, it will probably be 99% there within a few months, but who knows, I'd rather have the original for now, until it's good enough to roll it out to all M3s.

My May 4th order of SR+ White/White no upgrades was showing mid to late June forever, past 3 days it has been showing 8-12 weeks. I hopped on the chat on Tesla website and they found me a SR+White/White Demo with less than 1k miles with no transport fee. Only difference was this one has the upgraded white rims, but I am ok with that.

My question is, if I ordered this car and it showed a vin immediately, how long until I will be able to pick it up? It’s already in Houston, Texas, where I am picking it up from.

When does sales tax get calculated onto the total? I got the base of the base model 3 SR+ and it says:

Amount Due​

$41,277.25​

Includes taxes, fees, order fee and payments

Will it be updated closer to VIN? Here in TX sales tax for vehicles is 6.25%.

Here are the other details:

Price Details​

Model 3
$35,000.00
Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
$4,990.00
Destination Fee
$1,125.00
Documentation Fee
$75.00
Order Fee
$100.00