Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, officially on the waiting list for an SR+ :) Put in the order on 4/26, got my VIN yesterday.

My delivery advisor said it's expected to get in to the service center on the 18th. Apparently I qualify to have it delivered to my house, however.... seeing as the service center is only 2.5 hours away, and they're saying it can take 7 - 10 days after it arrives there to get delivered, I'd much rather just go pick it up at the service center and avoid the extra week + of wait time. Asked if this was possible, waiting to hear back.

Welp, officially on the waiting list for an SR+ :) Put in the order on 4/26, got my VIN yesterday.

My delivery advisor said it's expected to get in to the service center on the 18th. Apparently I qualify to have it delivered to my house, however.... seeing as the service center is only 2.5 hours away, and they're saying it can take 7 - 10 days after it arrives there to get delivered, I'd much rather just go pick it up at the service center and avoid the extra week + of wait time. Asked if this was possible, waiting to hear back.
Congratulations! What colours? Did the VIN let you find out if you had HW3 or not?

Last edited:
Reactions: torontohm3wait
SR+ order. I had a VIN & delivery date (4/30). Tesla called on 4/29 and said "there's a scuff on the windshield, we're going to replace it first". Got a new delivery date (5/8) and my VIN is gone from my account. Is it easier to ship a new SR+ than it is to replace a windshield?

How does everyone here feel about adding on FSD now? I know price is going up May 10, so I'd sort of always assumed my purchase with it- 5K now vs maybe 8K soon seems like an easy choice and I get all the new cool stuff now. Right now with my trade-in plus Fed+CA+PG&E incentives, I'm looking at about $15,000 cash. But to only go out of pocket 10K and know I could add FSD on later (hopefully at a flash sale price) is awfully tempting.

Honestly, I sort of wish that Tesla would drop this now/later pricing. In the end the punitive nature of it makes it less attractive. I'd feel so much better about a purchase if I knew I could add that functionality on later, after a work bonus or tax rebate.

How does everyone here feel about adding on FSD now? I know price is going up May 10, so I'd sort of always assumed my purchase with it- 5K now vs maybe 8K soon seems like an easy choice and I get all the new cool stuff now. Right now with my trade-in plus Fed+CA+PG&E incentives, I'm looking at about $15,000 cash. But to only go out of pocket 10K and know I could add FSD on later (hopefully at a flash sale price) is awfully tempting.

Honestly, I sort of wish that Tesla would drop this now/later pricing. In the end the punitive nature of it makes it less attractive. I'd feel so much better about a purchase if I knew I could add that functionality on later, after a work bonus or tax rebate.

Elon clarified in a tweet that the increase will be closer to $1k, depending on the market. Elon Musk on Twitter

Given that price increase, I think I'm going to focus on building up savings before making the plunge.

Elon clarified in a tweet that the increase will be closer to $1k, depending on the market. Elon Musk on Twitter

Given that price increase, I think I'm going to focus on building up savings before making the plunge.

Yes. The price increase is going up by 1K, so in the US from 5K to 6K at time of purchase. What about after purchase? From 7K to 8K?

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Yes. The price increase is going up by 1K, so in the US from 5K to 6K at time of purchase. What about after purchase? From 7K to 8K?

My mistake! I thought you were considering adding it to a new vehicle and worried about it going from 5K to 8K.

Presumably the new after purchase price will be around 8K. Tesla is also rolling out new FSD trials that discount it quite substantially. In fact, I took a photo of my trial screen because it changed from an AP trial to a FSD trial.

IMG_20190430_222945321.jpg

My mistake! I thought you were considering adding it to a new vehicle and worried about it going from 5K to 8K.

Presumably the new after purchase price will be around 8K. Tesla is also rolling out new FSD trials that discount it quite substantially. In fact, I took a photo of my trial screen because it changed from an AP trial to a FSD trial.

View attachment 403142

That’s cool. I’d love to hear from someone exactly what the discounted FSD price is. The initial vehicle purchase would be a much easier sell to my wife at only $10K after trade-in and incentives.

That’s cool. I’d love to hear from someone exactly what the discounted FSD price is. The initial vehicle purchase would be a much easier sell to my wife at only $10K after trade-in and incentives.

For me personally it's $5,500. Only discounted relative to the price of adding it post-purchase, but $500 more than adding it while configuring.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
For me personally it's $5,500. Only discounted relative to the price of adding it post-purchase, but $500 more than adding it while configuring.

A $500 penalty I can stand. Though I’d guess it’s like to be more like $1500 for me after the price hike on May 10.

$5,000 if I buy now. Prob $8,000 later. Or $6,500 if I can get in on a trial discount.

Or maybe they’ll have another big price change down the road. I say maybe, but over the course of a few years it’s prob very likely.

Question for those going for the SR (not SR+)...

I went to a dealer and my rep successfully made the price adjustments for SR black + black, NO autopilot.

However, in my Tesla Account page, I see that AP shows up as included, and therefore cannot add AP.

A) Is this a glitch? Is AP included or NOT included? If not included, do I need to contact my rep to add?
B) If I click on "get FSD", will I get AP and FSD for $5000 USD?

do you find it ?