Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Scorpindian!
I ordered on June 5. I ordered the basic SR+ in black with black interior and the standard wheels that come with it. No extras.

I learned from the other posters here to check the source code on my account management page for a VIN as they show up there before we are notified. When you're on the management page use control + u to see the source code and then use control + f to get a search box. Type in the box 5YJ and if your VIN is listed in the code, then it will be highlighted. Hopefully I've explained that correctly! I'm not very tech savvy.

I noticed my VIN on there on the 12th I think and then it was listed on my account page yesterday (13th). I got the email today to schedule pick-up. From reading on here it seems there is no logical assignment for the VINs in terms of first ordered first assigned or anything like that so it can be frustrating to see people who ordered after you get their car before you.

In the excitement I forgot to stop back in. Took delivery in Devon on Tuesday night. Ordered on 6/1 SR+ Black/Black Aero, VIN came Monday 6/3 with tentative delivery for Saturday 6/8. I switched it to Tuesday to give me some more time to get the garage ready. Day One reservation holder so it may have bumped me to the front of the queue. No issues at delivery.

He said they no longer give you a SR+ and downgrade the software. That SR's have to be custom ordered and delivered from the factory as a SR and that is why it takes 6-8 weeks currently for delivery. Sounds plausible, but I don't know. I do know that delivering SR customers a car with a SR+ monroney and then downgrading the software sounds like a bad idea legal wise so maybe that is why the change.

the SR+ monroney sticker part makes sense.

I remember haggling about the BS dealer add in that were literally glued onto my highlander monroney. They took them off but I still have the sticker

UPDATE 2: Got a txt this morning that said my car was in transit and I needed to make a delivery appt. I chose 6/19 @ 6:00 PM, wow am I excited. I hope this last batch of cars weren't too terribly rushed. I cant believe i'm going to be a TESLA OWNER!!! WAHOOO :D:D:D
Congratulations, I ordered on June 4th and still no update on my car. When was your VIN generated? Was it today?

Hey All,

Ordered A black on white SR+ with 19's on 5/20. Had no VIN this AM. I called as I saw a blue SR+ in inventory I was considering instead, but explained that I was pretty indifferent between the two. The salesperson at my local center then told me they have a black one in the correct specs in inventory and have had it for a day or two. He matched me then and there and I'll likely pick it up next weekend. Not sure if I would have been matched otherwise.

TLDR;
If you've been waiting for a VIN, can't hurt to call and ask about local inventory.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Today is the day! Leaving work early this afternoon to pick up our SR+. I’ve read a few threads about things to watch inspect during delivery. Some are long and understandable but I don’t think i’ll be able to concentrate enough to go through the whole thing. I also want to be present during the moment and enjoy it. Most of the accessories are already at home ready to be installed.

So far, Burbank was able to keep their estimated 2 weeks wait from day of order. Then again we didn’t have much additions to ours.

Hey yall, I am using my own credit union to partially finance my model 3. I submitted all the info an I have been at the "we are drafting up your contract" screen for a few days now. Does that mean they are contacting my credit union for the purchase order in order to proceed? I'm getting nervous because it has been like this since Tuesday. I know they're really busy so I'm assuming its just that. Ease my stress, lol.

edit: I'm also assuming VIN doesn't get posted until contract is drawn up?

Got my delivery notice yesterday (June 2nd) for a 20 June delivery...

And... time for me to say goodbye to this thread, got a text asking if I wanted to take early delivery on Sunday, but then when I talked to them, turns out they don't open Sundays! Still, they got my car in today, called me in the morning, and given I wasn't available Saturday, arranged for me to take delivery today (Friday) an hour before closing. All went smoothly, car looks great and the driving experience was, in a word, sublime! So, I have my car, forecasted at 2-4 weeks on order in 3 weeks less a day, not bad for being in Canada I think.

The Montreal store was crazy busy with deliveries from the looks of it too, dozens and dozens of model threes, a big tent area to give them a half dozen more covered spots to use in addition to a packed indoor delivery floor, and they were a pretty well oiled machine. For what its worth, I got the line others mentioned that they always do "paperwork before inspecting the car", but I insisted that I wasn't signing anything till I'd at least looked over my vehicle and after he "checked with his manager" I was able to give the car a once over before signing. No issues and took about an easy hour to do everything, or a bit less, after they fixed a small issue with the financing, didn't feel rushed and it was very friendly, none of the usual dealer gauntlet of up-sell efforts either, not one, refreshingly easy. I got a better rate on my finance paperwork than I'd been offered online too, which was nice. Trade-in was dead easy, signed over the form and handed off the keys after taking delivery and moving my stuff into the new car and we were off!

Reactions: Yoda101
Update:

Found my VIN in my source code this morning. The website is asking for me to make a final payment before delivery, but it is not yet listing the VIN or the delivery date. Also, not all the the links on the "Manage" website are working. I am hoping it means they are about to update it with VIN, MVPA and delivery date. We will see.

Recap:
Ordred M3 SR+ in midnight silver metallic with FSD. No other options. Order placed on 6/4. I am in Mississippi, but car will be delivered to Nashville.