Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just pick up my red SR+ yesterday. Mine has issues with left side rear bumper does not fit all the way in- trunk is a bit higher than the bumper- left tail light is a bit out from the panel. When i drove home, the alignment is off also. Steering wheel turn to the right, and i have to hold it to get it go straight. I have to come back to service center since they close on weekends
Can you send pics so I know what to look for on mine? thanks

Can you send pics so I know what to look for on mine? thanks
F868448F-74D6-4F02-A18A-8BD5F03F5299.jpeg
81797E8C-63B6-479E-995D-9A44A8498574.jpeg

That must be really frustrating. How bad was it? Do you have an ETA for a replacement?
I ordered from a mall store and had it delivered to a showroom. I told my SA when I ordered I do not want it delivered to my home, I'd like to inspect it first. He said no problem. This past Sunday showroom calls insisting it needs to be delivered. Had to argue with them all week to just allow me to pick up at the original place I chose.

I got there and they were pushing me to take it and then get it fixed later. I didn't take pics but the front driver's door wasn't aligned properly (seemed to close okay but did require more force than passenger's door), the trunk had gaps and parts that were not aligned properly to the glass/body of the car, and there were some alignment issues around the trunk. I had the same issues for the most part as the guy in this video:

It was super frustrating. No estimated delivery for a new car. I guess I'm just back in the queue.

• Informative
Reactions: AthleticMonkey
I ordered from a mall store and had it delivered to a showroom. I told my SA when I ordered I do not want it delivered to my home, I'd like to inspect it first. He said no problem. This past Sunday showroom calls insisting it needs to be delivered. Had to argue with them all week to just allow me to pick up at the original place I chose.

I got there and they were pushing me to take it and then get it fixed later. I didn't take pics but the front driver's door wasn't aligned properly (seemed to close okay but did require more force than passenger's door), the trunk had gaps and parts that were not aligned properly to the glass/body of the car, and there were some alignment issues around the trunk. I had the same issues for the most part as the guy in this video:

It was super frustrating. No estimated delivery for a new car. I guess I'm just back in the queue.
So bad to hear that. Good luck on your next delivery. The issues that Tesla well known for mis alignment - panel gap - etc. if you not happy then don’t take it.

Ordered on March/6 and profile is complete, uploaded current insurance as well. Yesterday it said 3/12-3/31 date. Today it says: 2 - 4 weeks from order placed date. If this holds true. By end of March will be the delivery and it's also the end of the quarter. I'm in CA, about 1 hour away from the Giga factory in Fremont. Took a tour of the place a few years back. I ordered the standard, bare basic model.... Let's see what next week it updates to. The fire yesterday certainly didn't help production.

Ordered on March/6 and profile is complete, uploaded current insurance as well. Yesterday it said 3/12-3/31 date. Today it says: 2 - 4 weeks from order placed date. If this holds true. By end of March will be the delivery and it's also the end of the quarter. I'm in CA, about 1 hour away from the Giga factory in Fremont. Took a tour of the place a few years back. I ordered the standard, bare basic model.... Let's see what next week it updates to. The fire yesterday certainly didn't help production.
Is it necessary to upload the current insurance information? My assumption was I will need to upload the insurance information AFTER I get the VIN from Tesla to ensure it has coverage prior to vehicle delivery.

Is it necessary to upload the current insurance information? My assumption was I will need to upload the insurance information AFTER I get the VIN from Tesla to ensure it has coverage prior to vehicle delivery.
Varies by state. If you’re in certain states and already have insurance on a current vehicle (including your trade in vehicle) you can upload proof of that insurance.

Reactions: nlam514