Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the same order date 05/22/2021. White/Black Aero No FSD...EDD 08/18 ~ 09/07. Pick up in South Coast as delivery was not an option. Selling wife's car end of this week and I'll be walking to work for a few weeks. :confused:
Oof that is really far out considering we ordered the same day. A lot of people +/- a week from my order date are also on the same EDD for me.

Have you checked in with your SA to see if there's any additional info they can provide? I would just call and confirm if everything on your profile is submitted and ready for delivery. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Reactions: MisterL
Oof that is really far out considering we ordered the same day. A lot of people +/- a week from my order date are also on the same EDD for me.

Have you checked in with your SA to see if there's any additional info they can provide? I would just call and confirm if everything on your profile is submitted and ready for delivery. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Fortunately, I have a very responsive SA. He usually responds to my text immediately. I texted him last week about my car's progress and he said looks like early September. :oops: Not sure if choosing Buena Park instead of Costa Mesa pick up makes any difference.

Killing me! I ordered it with the black interior and have been having some regret not getting the white interior....I dont want to make any changes since ive waited so long and dont want to reset my clock....your message is not helping me with this decision! lol
If you're on the fence and afraid of possible delays, I would keep your current config.

TSportline also offers aftermarket seat upgrades. If you do decide to opt for the white interior, you can always grab their white seat upgrade for a little more than what Tesla would have charged (~$1650). Really not a bad deal considering you have the flexibility to choose down the road and you don't push your delivery date back.

1627322113116.png

Reactions: Eddie509

He just tells me that he sees what I see.

same happened to me week ago, i updated mileage and got back the new offer:
$370 lower than the original, all that for 1 month and 66 miles!
i knew driving ICE car is pricey, but that's overboard => removed the trade-in from the deal.
I drove about 1k miles last month (as I usually do). They dropped my offer by $4,500. I sent them a message telling them that the new offer is way below market value and asked for my original offer. We shall see what they come back with.

Carvana is offering me $2500 more than Tesla, so I’m going to just sell to them
Surprisingly, Tesla gave me the highest offer. I want to trade to them for the tax break that I’ll get. I’m trading down though, and they know it, so I think that’s why they gave me the low offer. Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, and all the others gave me way low offers too. Like $10k below blue book. Hopefully Tesla will go back to the original offer or I’ll be selling private party.

I drove about 1k miles last month (as I usually do). They dropped my offer by $4,500. I sent them a message telling them that the new offer is way below market value and asked for my original offer. We shall see what they come back with.

Surprisingly, Tesla gave me the highest offer. I want to trade to them for the tax break that I’ll get. I’m trading down though, and they know it, so I think that’s why they gave me the low offer. Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, and all the others gave me way low offers too. Like $10k below blue book. Hopefully Tesla will go back to the original offer or I’ll be selling private party.
Tesla offered me $6900 for my 8 year old 90k Prius is great shape. After 30.days they dropped my offer to $6500. Shift offered me $9200. I told a friend about buying my Prius and he said he would buy it for that offer. Last week I told another friend the same story. He would buy it for his daughter. He has second dibs on it. So now just playing the waiting game.

Fortunately, I have a very responsive SA. He usually responds to my text immediately. I texted him last week about my car's progress and he said looks like early September. :oops: Not sure if choosing Buena Park instead of Costa Mesa pick up makes any difference.
I chose Buena Park and my date is still July 31-August 20. But I have yet to talk to anyone on my order.

Reactions: MisterL
Killing me! I ordered it with the black interior and have been having some regret not getting the white interior....I dont want to make any changes since ive waited so long and dont want to reset my clock....your message is not helping me with this decision! lol
Fwiw, i had pretty much the opposite reaction. I thought black looked better in person than in pictures and white not as good in person (white looked better in pictures imo). They both look great though; but seeing them both in person i did change my mind. Also, my gut tells me black will age better than white. I've seen a few videos of the white looking pretty worn after only 6 months; those cracks are very noticeable on white imo; so people getting white will need to not neglect it. I don't think either choice is a bad one; they both look fantastic. Edit: I also have dogs, so while I was tempted to get white, I just don't think 2 bulldogs are gonna be nice to those seats even with a dog cover on.

Last edited:
Here's something interesting..well maybe not lol but I have a good friend who is a SA here in DFW(in Texas) and he said SA's are dropping like flies and all the orders are piling up on other SA's and even some SAs don't receive orders there strictly working for chat and calls from Tesla customer service number. He said he met an SA in Austin last week that had 30 orders and it's near impossible to keep track because there also receiving incoming calls and new orders daily...and most don't have access to see "real" dates from the production line anymore just a database that's similar to online but still could change at any point. He said everybody is running around like crazy.

Here's something interesting..well maybe not lol but I have a good friend who is a SA here in DFW(in Texas) and he said SA's are dropping like flies and all the orders are piling up on other SA's and even some SAs don't receive orders there strictly working for chat and calls from Tesla customer service number. He said he met an SA in Austin last week that had 30 orders and it's near impossible to keep track because there also receiving incoming calls and new orders daily...and most don't have access to see "real" dates from the production line anymore just a database that's similar to online but still could change at any point. He said everybody is running around like crazy.
That’s awful. My pick up location is Austin. I haven’t heard from my SA in weeks. Well over a month now actually

That’s awful. My pick up location is Austin. I haven’t heard from my SA in weeks. Well over a month now actually
Yea, I told him I ordered beginning of June and I haven't had any communication with a SA other than the ones at the stores and he said "yea I'm sure your in a long queue of a SA or your assigned SA quit and your order hasn't been assigned yet since we are so backlogged.."

Picked up my car this morning. White/white, 19in wheels, Salt Lake City.

I ordered 6/17 and picked it up on 7/26, making it 40 days between order and delivery. My original EDD was July 14th- Aug 4th which ended up being pretty accurate. It later fluctuated to as late as early September. The week before my VIN was assigned, my EDD window shrunk to ten days, starting in two days. Every morning I woke up it was still two days away, but the end date would remain the same. Got my VIN on July 23rd (37 days after order) between 6pm and 8pm mountain time, with a schedule delivery email the next morning around 10.

When I showed up to my appointment, they told me that the truck with my car on it was late, and lent me a model x until my car could be made ready. Sadly they lent me a P100D Model X with ludicrous mode unlocked, so the Model 3 was a bit of a let down after driving that, but still very happy of course.

I

I ordered 6/17 and picked it up on 7/26, making it 40 days between order and delivery. My original EDD was July 14th- Aug 4th which ended up being pretty accurate. It later fluctuated to as late as early September. The week before my VIN was assigned, my EDD window shrunk to ten days, starting in two days. Every morning I woke up it was still two days away, but the end date would remain the same. Got my VIN on July 23rd (37 days after order) between 6pm and 8pm mountain time, with a schedule delivery email the next morning around 10.

When I showed up to my appointment, they told me that the truck with my car on it was late, and lent me a model x until my car could be made ready. Sadly they lent me a P100D Model X with ludicrous mode unlocked, so the Model 3 was a bit of a let down after driving that, but still very happy of course.
Beats getting one locked in Chill mode! Start saving for your X Plaid lol.

Wow. Ordered in 6/16.
That being said, kinda jealous that I still don’t have mine. Lol.