Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 2 emails saying my agreements and cash final payment (was doing cash payment at the time) were ready.

They will send you daily texts on top of it. I was very well kept in the loop leading up to delivery.

I ended up delaying my delivery and making config changes so I'm still Tesla-less haha.
I already made the down payment, only thing left on my account page is to review the agreements (that section currently greyed out). I guess when that section goes live, I'll be within 24 hours of delivery.

EDD is all over the place for me. Was Sept. 1-30, then August 4-31, then August 9th-31, then August 11-31, and today it just says 8-14 weeks. Waiting is terrible for impatient people like myself 🙃
oH wow, those jumps are huge! I have ordered my car on July 13 and got a delivery date to pick it up the same weekend (must be a cancellation)! I was a bit slow to pick the day (an hour later) and they cancelled my pick-up day like nothing happened lol. Now it's Aug 14-Sept 15 or Sep 02- 30!

same happened to me week ago, i updated mileage and got back the new offer:
$370 lower than the original, all that for 1 month and 66 miles!
i knew driving ICE car is pricey, but that's overboard => removed the trade-in from the deal.
Carvana is offering me $2500 more than Tesla, so I’m going to just sell to them

Last edited:
Carmax is offering me $2500 more than Tesla, so I’m going to just sell to them
Tesla actually offered me $0 for my trade-in. It was hilarious. 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium with 110k miles

Carvana offered $7k for it.

Strangely enough, Tesla offered $5k last year for the same vehicle but at 97k miles.

Carmax offered more than Tesla for mine. And Carvana offered even more than Carmax! Sold my car to them this weekend and I'm not expecting the Tesla for another 2 months. Quote is good for 30 days and has 1k mile grace. Haven't even applied for loan yet.

Last edited:
EDD changed 1 day to 8/9-8/23 so staying pretty steady for now. Blue/White, ordered 5/
EDD is all over the place for me. Was Sept. 1-30, then August 4-31, then August 9th-31, then August 11-31, and today it just says 8-14 weeks. Waiting is terrible for impatient people like myself 🙃
What is your order date? And you are west coast or east?

currently carvana is offering me $2200 more than tesla, so that's my plan atm. just can't sell yet and don't know, what carvana's offer will be when tesla finally can deliver... EDD has been all over the place. twice it has been 'day after tomorrow' and now it's going back 1day every day :(

Reactions: Tesconnect
Current EDD still stands at July 30 - August 19 for the second day in a row.

Where are my other SoCal peeps at? There's 3 of us that have been having the exact same EDD. I imagine we're all on the same truck haha.
Sitting at July 31 - August 20. Ordered on July 3rd. Depending on when the car arrives and I go back to commuting, I may have to hop on the train as a form of commuting until then hahaha.

Reactions: Baytomax
Sitting at July 31 - August 20. Ordered on July 3rd. Depending on when the car arrives and I go back to commuting, I may have to hop on the train as a form of commuting until then hahaha.
Oh wow almost the exact same EDD.

I make the commute to LA every day for work too and it just pains me to have to fill up gas. I tell myself every week "this is the last fill-up..." and it's not haha.

@CCRM3 - I ordered a spare mobile connector and it looks pretty much like yours. From your pics it looks like yours could be new. I didn't see any scrapes on the 5-15 outlet prongs which would indicate it was plugged it. Mine was also discolored but think they used cheap rubber/plastic. I'd look really close and see if there is any indication of wear on the cord being dragged around on the ground or wear patterns of being plugged into the car. I first thought mine was used as well but after looking for wear I couldn't find any just cheap materials.
That doesn’t sound right. Mine is definitely not new. You can see the scrapes on the prongs and even the white that is all over the cable and outlet prong. It has dents in it and sun damage. If that’s how they all look, then I’m just done with Tesla’s bad quality and service. I’m over it. I have a mind to just drive to Tysons and give the car back and go to Audi.

Killing me! I ordered it with the black interior and have been having some regret not getting the white interior....I dont want to make any changes since ive waited so long and dont want to reset my clock....your message is not helping me with this decision! lol
I considered white, but I have two kids under the age of 10, a wife that spills coffee all the time, and a dog. No way in hell would it survive :D

I’m so sorry this happened to you! After how long you waited and your other car broke down while you waited. This had to have been such a disappointment. But that is YOUR car. You sacrificed to have it. Make sure you report every little thing and make them take care of it so you can actually enjoy it. I had a sneaking suspicion that Tyson’s was going to suck, and I’m closer to the DC service center, but my SA made me choose Tyson’s because they apparently prioritize that SC. I have lowered expectations, but they absolutely will be righting any wrongs with my car so it can be the way I want it. I hope you are able to get everything fixed up with them or maybe even ask if you can have the DC service center step in and assist at this point? But you’ve been so positive for everyone else and you absolutely deserve a better experience.
❤️ Thank you so much! You’ve also been cheering people on and so positive. I appreciate you. I don’t recommend home delivery. I didn’t get a choice. I haven’t had any choices/options other than the day I placed my order. I did not know they were delivering to me until Friday or Saturday and then, I didn’t have answers to my questions. If you have a time set to go and pick up.. that’s so much better than the anxiety of wondering when/how it will show up.

The manager, Gannon, said he’d contact me today to resolve the issues. It’s noon.. and nothing.

I’m going to drive in to Tysons, so they can’t ignore me. So sick and tired of chasing these guys down and asking them to give me updates.

I truly hope your experience is FANTASTIC, that you get the world-class service you deserve.

I’m beyond disappointed in Tesla. I told the manager (via text yesterday) that I felt like I was an ex-girlfriend being ignored/ghosted and felt desperate that when anyone would answer, I’d get so excited. Shouldn’t be like this. Glad I opted for a lease. Not sure what they can do at this point to convince me to ever get another vehicle from Tesla.

REALLY hope everyone else has an INCREDIBLE experience. Don’t opt for home delivery.