Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all those that were asking about checking for LFP batteries:

According to a revised Model 3 owner's manual for the U.S., drivers can see if their cars have LFP battery cells by opening the charging menu on the touchscreen and selecting "Set Limit," or opening the charging section of the Tesla app and dragging the slider. Cars with LFP batteries will show "50%" and "100%" settings, while other versions "Daily" and "Trip" settings.

Reactions: amit_gunner
As of this morning, my EDD was Jan/30-Feb/20.
Now it shows the below message. Does it mean that delivery is being scheduled over the next few days?

"

Order Update​

Acceleration​

We have made hardware changes to Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive vehicles to optimize range. Your Model 3 range has increased to 272 miles (EPA est.) and will now accelerate from 0-60 mph in as little as 5.8 sec. While acceleration is slightly less (0.5 seconds) than originally communicated, we believe this strikes the right balance between range, performance and being fun to drive.

<Accept & proceed with Delivery> button
"

Does anyone know how much time I have to "accept & proceed with delivery" after this message shows up?

Wouldn’t people who are actually taking delivery on Jan 3 (I believe it’s Jan 4 as Jan 3 is a holiday) already know by now?
I believe there’s a good number of customers still without cars who ordered in August.
Well they can also get VIN by end of next Week with pick up date first Week of January. Only time will tell. I am sure they are very close to getting VIN

Hi everyone! Need some guidance. I ordered my vehicle on August 27th and had it on hold until December 15th. Only reason I took it off of hold was cause Tesla was gonna auto cancel my order due to me having the old price of $40,000. I took the car off of hold and have an EDD of January 10-February 07. I am unsure how this whole process works but I was wondering when I would see some movement on my EDD (January 10 is rapidly approaching already), thanks!

Hi everyone! Need some guidance. I ordered my vehicle on August 27th and had it on hold until December 15th. Only reason I took it off of hold was cause Tesla was gonna auto cancel my order due to me having the old price of $40,000. I took the car off of hold and have an EDD of January 10-February 07. I am unsure how this whole process works but I was wondering when I would see some movement on my EDD (January 10 is rapidly approaching already), thanks!
You will first get VIN assigned. You have to use the VIN to buy insurance and auto loan ( if you finance your Tesla). Also be sure have fund to cover the tax/fee/registration, etc. You just need your bank routing # and checking # so Tesla can withdraw those fund from. Wait for phone call or you call your SA set up delivery date. Find a new Tesla check list for your delivery. Be sure bring your DL.

Reactions: Sexy_owner
You will first get VIN assigned. You have to use the VIN to buy insurance and auto loan ( if you finance your Tesla). Also be sure have fund to cover the tax/fee/registration, etc. You just need your bank routing # and checking # so Tesla can withdraw those fund from. Wait for phone call or you call your SA set up delivery date. Find a new Tesla check list for your delivery. Be sure bring your DL.
Thank you! Do you know when the VIN will be assigned or any movement etc based off your expertise?

Thanks for this info. Does Tesla accept credit card as a payment? I wouldn’t mind putting down $10,000 with credit card and get some points. Did anyone try this?

Thank you! Do you know when the VIN will be assigned or any movement etc based off your expertise?
To my experience: This Tuesday I checked for my VIN in the morning and got nothing. By the noon a message from my Tesla SA notified me a VIN was just assigned to me and asked me to make final payment for delivery within a week. Once VIN assigned to me, it also showed up in Tesla app.

Thanks for this info. Does Tesla accept credit card as a payment? I wouldn’t mind putting down $10,000 with credit card and get some points. Did anyone try this?
If you wanted points, get cash advance and pay with that, repay your credit card once you took out the cash. There should be limit to cash advances per day, so take out $2000? For 5 days and you have the points you wanted but of course, the points you get won't be as high as purchases, better than nothing ? 😜

The tesla support page specifically dictates supported payment methods, and that credit cards are not supported except for initial order fee.