Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the exact same boat , same timelines as yours . OD Aug 4th current EDD July - Aug :(
A YEAR for a car that was designed from the ground up with efficient mass production in mind. It's insane. The worst part is the lack of communication. If they could release a statement about the challenges they're facing, etc I'd at least feel better. Right now I'm just resentful.

Well maybe it is time to start looking elsewhere. I know I will be out there looking starting this weekend.
11 EDD changes so far and if I was a betting man, I would say I'm far from finished.
I've been just 2 days from the 2 week window 4 times now.

I loved the order process of non having to deal with a sales person, 1 price for all, push a button and it's done. love it, love it, love it.
But this lack of consideration and communication is trying and tiring,

If I treated my customers like this I would be out on my arse.

NEMA 14-50 adapters are back in stock now if you need one. GOGOGOGOGOGO

Last edited:
Well maybe it is time to start looking elsewhere. I know I will be out there looking starting this weekend.
11 EDD changes so far and if I was a betting man, I would say I'm far from finished.
I've been just 2 days from the 2 week window 4 times now.

I loved the order process of non having to deal with a sales person, 1 price for all, push a button and it's done. love it, love it, love it.
But this lack of consideration and communication is trying and tiring,

If I treated my customers like this I would be out on my arse.
i have the same thoughts about looking elsewhere. however, Mach-E does not take order anymore. VW might have the new model year coming up. But again, with the wait from other mfgs, I am not sure going elsewhere might save my time or not (in terms to get "a" car sooner), but definitely will be expecting on some high mark-up.

Reactions: Great White
i have the same thoughts about looking elsewhere. however, Mach-E does not take order anymore. VW might have the new model year coming up. But again, with the wait from other mfgs, I am not sure going elsewhere might save my time or not (in terms to get "a" car sooner), but definitely will be expecting on some high mark-up.
I’m starting to look hard at the Ioniq 5. That thing appeals to me for some reason. One of them being apple carplay!

The website has shows a delivery ETA for my exact configuration that is sooner than my EDD right now. That bothers me immensely.
Exactly. That is the disingenuous part of the whole thing. Their data cannot be so disconnected that they don’t know that the EDDs for open orders are well beyond the EDD they propose for new builds.

Exactly. That is the disingenuous part of the whole thing. Their data cannot be so disconnected that they don’t know that the EDDs for open orders are well beyond the EDD they propose for new builds.

Elon just said on the earnings call, that the backlog is long and that they are production limited. So the EDD on Tesla’s website is outright deceiving, imo.

One SA told me there was something related to Shanghai GIGA shutdown. But I think he was bullshitting.
It's half bullshit if you are North America. Giga Shanghai doesn't make our cars, they come out of Fremont. But there's also speculation that the LFP factory by CATL was shutdown in Shanghai, which could lead to some kind of shortage on the battery.

Reactions: Great White