Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the Phoenix area and have a White/White MY and just took delivery last week of a White/white M3. Before I got my MY (2021), I was bummed because Tesla does not offer ventilated seats. What I soon learned, is that the air conditioning in a Tesla is like nothing I have ever experienced in a car. It is INSTANT cold. No waiting for the stupid engine to do it’s thing. And the coolest feature? When I am packing up to go home from work, or checking out at a store, I can turn the A/C on from my app and it’s 75 degrees in my car when I get there - in freaking July! I will NEVER have a gas car again.
That’s so awesome! I really wanted to get the white seats as well, but I have kids and I don’t want my OCD to kick into overdrive keeping the seats clean lol

How does one get this code? Is it based on order date? I planned on buying a mobile connector, but now wonder if I will also be receiving a code? Thanks so much!
The mobile connector was discontinued as a standard accessories. I'm not definitively certain but I think the cut-off date was April 12th 2022. So assuming this date is the right one, any order prior to, would get the mobile connector in the trunk but now that it is back-order, customers about to take delivery are getting coupons. So long story short, if your OD is after the cut-off date, you would not receive the connector nor the coupon. The cut-off date is somewhere in this thread or ultimately Google it.

Thanks!

Rich

Edit: Nope. Charged me for the Mobil Connector with no way to enter my code. Had to cancel the order. Will call Tesla and see if they can help me.
In the email you received from tesla for your charger there should be a 10-12 digit number. Copy that number into the "Promo code" spot.on the payment page, It should automatically change the total to $0 (or $200 off your order).

The mobile connector was discontinued as a standard accessories. I'm not definitively certain but I think the cut-off date was April 12th 2022. So assuming this date is the right one, any order prior to, would get the mobile connector in the trunk but now that it is back-order, customers about to take delivery are getting coupons. So long story short, if your OD is after the cut-off date, you would not receive the connector nor the coupon. The cut-off date is somewhere in this thread or ultimately Google it.
Thanks for the clarification!

Got my VIN for blue/black/aero/No FSD on Friday and got a code to get the mobile connector yesterday. Placed the order and am now waiting to schedule delivery which has a range of 9/6-9/10.

Nov 2021 order

Was told that my car won’t be coming with the metal license plate holder

Last edited:
I’m in the Phoenix area and have a White/White MY and just took delivery last week of a White/white M3. Before I got my MY (2021), I was bummed because Tesla does not offer ventilated seats. What I soon learned, is that the air conditioning in a Tesla is like nothing I have ever experienced in a car. It is INSTANT cold. No waiting for the stupid engine to do it’s thing. And the coolest feature? When I am packing up to go home from work, or checking out at a store, I can turn the A/C on from my app and it’s 75 degrees in my car when I get there - in freaking July! I will NEVER have a gas car again.

I was wondering if maybe Tesla has better A/C than other cars. I drove a rented M3 a few weeks ago, and I couldn't believe how fast it cooled down, even after sitting in really hot sun (it was black exterior / black interior). I don't drive a lot of different cars and I haven't researched this point, but it was impressive.

It would be interesting to hear feedback from people who own 2 or 3 vehicles - does your Tesla cool faster, or are they all comparable?

does your Tesla cool faster, or are they all comparable?
Tesla cools way faster, I think. There is the additional point of the 105F protection function. If you use that when you are out and about, and parked in the sun, not only does it keep the cabin habitable (not comfortable, but not BIC pen-bending hot), but it keeps the heat pump limbered up, so that when you actually ask it to cool down to cruise speed it is instantly generating cool.

Finally, you can use the app to command it to go to cruising temperature five minutes before you board the car.

With all that, I really don't think the white interior is necessary even in Phoenix unless your long-term parking is in the sun. I live in Albuquerque, which is quite a bit cooler than Phoenix, but not less sunny, and have just spent a summer with a Y.

Reactions: Bricktopshog
I ordered my m3, rwd in August 2021, and I have been continuously delayed. Now, it says September 12th-October 7th. I live in the Bay Area near the Fremont factory. I am so disappointed and discouraged because I feel that I will get delayed again. I’m totally fed up. Any suggestions? Thank you

Should I fill out my leasing application before getting a VIN? Does leaving the payment option as cash impact estimate delivery date?

Edit: also I'm interested in hearing what you all think - we are expecting a baby in Nov so we'll need a car for hospital trips, check-in etc. My Model 3 EDD is Nov - Dec which means it could totally come after the little one. I'm thinking of getting a rental in the short term and wait out until EDD. Any other options that you all think I should explore? Thank in advance!