Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stalkers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
This is a level up from the Gawkers thread.

This morning a guy driving a flooring van followed me to work. I didn't notice he was actually following until he pulled into the parking lot behind me.

Turns out the guy was already thinking about buying a Model S, and had a lot of questions, so I showed him around the car, answered his questions, and gave him a flyer. The usual.

He told me where he started following, and I checked - 7 kilometers! He said he kept hoping I'd pull off soon so he could talk to me. Determined fellow!

This has also happened a couple of times in the Roadster. Always in a good way, nothing threatening. Odd though!

I had someone follow me about a mile the first full day I drove the car to work. I was giving a test ride to a colleague at work, she saw me flooring it, and followed me back to the office.

Turns out she knew about the car and was considering a reservation. I gave her a five minute ride--she went home and made a reservation. She signed her MVPA about a week ago, and expects delivery within a few months. Might even be here on these boards now.

I had a young student and her mother follow me off the interstate to our local DMV (was checking on my registration for another vehicle). She too was hoping I would pull over soon so she could snap a few pictures and ask questions. She had heard of Tesla but had never seen a Model S in the wild. She was an engineer student at the local university and extremely interested in alternative energy. Who knows, she end up working for Tesla some time in the future.

It's happened to me with the Roadster. Guy saw the Tesla truck (ranger delivering it back after annual service, before there was a San Diego service center), followed it for a mile or so, but lost it in traffic somehow. So he drove around the neighborhood until he found it again. He was a movie director and wanted to use one in a movie! But we never got it together.

I parked in my local Mariano's yesterday, as far away from civilization that I could ... to avoid other cars, nicks, etc.,
Walked all the way to the store :), was in the produce area when a woman walked up and asked if I was the gentleman who parked my car all the way at the other end of the car park!
(Gentleman ... well, let's not discuss that. Bonnie?)
Well, you tell me ... you must have followed me!?
What brand is it?
Tesla.
How do you spell that ... T- ...
And off she went ... no questions ... need to get set up like my peers and have brochures handy ... for half an hour later when Robert xxx stopped me at my car and asked a hundred questions.
All good ...

Must be an Ottawa thing Doug. In the last 3 weeks I've actually had 2 different people follow me home. One of them almost caused an accident trying to get a picture of my car with his Blackberry before just deciding to follow me. Both of them apologized and asked me not to freak out. "I'm not weird or anything, I have just been following the company for so long and didn't think there were any in Canada!" . Took them through the car and even gave one a ride. Think he booked a reservation the next day; at least he said he was going to :)

Must be an Ottawa thing Doug. In the last 3 weeks I've actually had 2 different people follow me home. One of them almost caused an accident trying to get a picture of my car with his Blackberry before just deciding to follow me. Both of them apologized and asked me not to freak out. "I'm not weird or anything, I have just been following the company for so long and didn't think there were any in Canada!" . Took them through the car and even gave one a ride. Think he booked a reservation the next day; at least he said he was going to :)

Wow, I think it's happened to me three times in three years, between the Roadster and Model S, and never to home!

What part of town are you in? I'm in Barrhaven.

This morning a guy driving a flooring van followed me to work. I didn't notice he was actually following until he pulled into the parking lot behind me.
My previous car to the Roadster was this in reverse. I followed someone with a Qvale Mangusta as I was intrigued. After getting a tour, I told them I'd be buying one and they said, yea they hear that all the time! Within a month it was in my driveway! Since getting the Roadster, I've had this now happen to me, countless times and know of handfuls who have bought Teslas after that! :biggrin: