Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

State Farm insurance raising rates on Tesla Model S in Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may be that the incessant Geico and SF TV adverts cost money ?

As well as the TV commercials, State Farm maintains the traditional agent model and we get junk mail occasionally. It's so wasteful in the Internet era where you really just need loss assessors with a company car and a basic home office.

Profits were down 94% in 2016. Have to try to get them back somehow.

With Liberty Mutual (Prius + Volt + home) right now. State Farm became stupidly expensive several years ago. Going to look for something else next year.
(I actually hate the Liberty Mutual commercials, with their "characters" whining about how their insurance companies raised their rates because they're bad drivers.)

Reactions: Dr. J
My S replaced a car that was worth < $20. Given the 2017 S is worth so much more, and has much higher repair costs ($1200 for a new windshield for instance), it was not unreasonable to expect to pay more, on the order of $45 a month more with State Farm = $114 per month with multi-line, multi-car, antitheft, safety, and renewal discounts reported to be $560 for 6 months for the S. Looking at the line item details, the only aspect which is higher is the collision. If someone in TX is paying substantially less than $114, I would be interested in hearing what it is.

You went from a $20 car to a Tesla?