Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly I had also reached out to Mark Gomez (see other thread about a helpful Tesla manager) at the same time to ask for status. He "helpfully" matched me to a PUP car overwriting my stealth order without my permission and now says he can't restore the stealth order.

After stewing over the weekend with the PUP car still assigned (I even had an MVPA at one point), I called the general customer assistance number on Monday 7/27 and was connected to Erika at the Santana Row store. She matched me to a stealth white/white gemini (VIN 232xx with 5.6 miles built on 6/25) which was already at the Fremont Delivery Center. That afternoon I got the MVPA and a text for delivery on 8/1.

Glad to hear some people are getting the performance stealth configuration they wanted. I'm not sad about my PUP purchase, but I totally feel for those sticking it out!

However it sounds like Tesla hasn't made any performance stealth configurations since the price/configuration changes in the second week of July... So the VIN matches are all those made before July. That was the most frustrating part to me before I went with a test drive PUP option, at an effective $1500 discount over the performance stealth I originally ordered.

I ordered a white/white/inductions/no fsd config back on June 5th and haven't heard anything yet. I called my advisor last week to see if he could give any kind of timeline but never got a call back. Considering just changing to a long range model at this point

Although I’m checking my manage page a million times a day
I check it so many times too just hoping a VIN shows up in the source. My order was switched to inductions on 6/10 so mine hasn’t been 8 weeks yet either since the switch. I do see the new wait time now is 5-9 weeks.
Yes Mark was able to find me a stealth with my configuration
I sent him a follow up email today because I haven’t heard from him last Wednesday. I know he is probably swamped with everyone, but didn’t want him to forget about me.

Waiting-Memes-52918-2978a33.jpg

Mark Gomez told me this configuration is no longer being produced. So, I changed my configuration from a stealth to a PUP (white/white) and I got a VIN 10 days later. My original order was 05/03/2020.... Changed to Stealth during that short window in June when it was available.

I got 2 sales person from different BA stores telling me that Tesla is moving all inventory/delivery to east coast in these 2 weeks. One of them therefore find me a MYP + 19" no hitch. The other one confirms that all stealth performance ordered before 6/30 will be built and made available by this quarter end (9/30?)
Been waiting since 3/15/19, decided to drop 7-seat in June so I'm keeping my finger crossed till September. Sticking with MYP 20" + hitch still (least numbers delivered from the spreadsheet.)

I got 2 sales person from different BA stores telling me that Tesla is moving all inventory/delivery to east coast in these 2 weeks. One of them therefore find me a MYP + 19" no hitch. The other one confirms that all stealth performance ordered before 6/30 will be built and made available by this quarter end (9/30?)
Been waiting since 3/15/19, decided to drop 7-seat in June so I'm keeping my finger crossed till September. Sticking with MYP 20" + hitch still (least numbers delivered from the spreadsheet.)
That’s what I am still holding out hope for. If they weren’t building them anymore I’m sure someone would have reached out already. I’m on the east coast so I hope that rep you spoke to is right. I’ve been waiting this long what is another month and a half at this point.

Looks like they are being built as configured, still no VIN but just received this, which follows the last stealth batch and transport timelines I have seen.

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 3 - 6 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Looks like they are being built as configured, still no VIN but just received this, which follows the last stealth batch and transport timelines I have seen.

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 3 - 6 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that this timeframe is an estimate and may shift in either direction.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

I got nothing, My order page looks exactly the same since I finalize the order back in June. No Tesla email either. Yet another proof the preorder (made on 3/15/19) queue has nothing to do with actual production/delivery queue. Was also told the 4-8 weeks starts from the order finalized date (the same as anyone walk into the store/online to order.) Without even receiving your 3-6 weeks email, I'm really looking at end of September as best outcome. :(

Awesome. Just gained a little more hope. Can’t wait to get my text.

So I happened to contact Tesla via the chat for an update on my order. They told me I have been assigned a VIN. Also that they will have someone from the delivery team contact me tomorrow.. No VIN in the source code yet. I hope they the chat person “David” wasn’t messing with me.

Attachments

• C892E787-4893-4AE0-86E0-AEAF3B1F39EE.png
    C892E787-4893-4AE0-86E0-AEAF3B1F39EE.png
    354.1 KB · Views: 68
So I happened to contact Tesla via the chat for an update on my order. They told me I have been assigned a VIN. Also that they will have someone from the delivery team contact me tomorrow.. No VIN in the source code yet. I hope they the chat person “David” wasn’t messing with me.

I wouldn’t rely on the source code.... I checked the source code dozens of times per day and it never showed up. Even after I had MVPA and “schedule delivery” text.