Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steaming Only: No Model 3 reveal event invitations sent out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joefee

May 29, 2011
WA
I called Corp today to ask why I did not get an invite to the Model 3 reveal 3/31 (I've been invited to all major Tesla Events) and after getting bounced around to marketing, sales, reception and my service center, my conclusion is that:

There will be no "public" event invitations sent out. The reveal will be streaming online only.

some folks have already received invites

But those were through the Model S referral program. There's been no general invites to existing owners, etc. like past events.

My assumption is that the referral program invites went out early to ensure they could make travel arrangements. If I were a referral program winner of a set of Model 3 invites & didn't have an early confirmation of the event, I'd be annoyed. I think Tesla did the right thing.

They may still be working on details and not want to do the mass invite until they have it all locked down.

The rest of us plebes will have to either make last-minute travel plans or watch from afar. Or make your plans now in the hopes that you'll receive a coveted invite.

But those were referral winners and such right? Has anyone received an invite based solely on being a current customer?

Like stated above, in the past general public got invitations with very little advanced notice so it was very difficult for us to arrange our schedule timely each and every time.

Thus, for timing, I don't think it is any different this time. There are still plentiful 16 days left for a last minute invitation tradition.

As to who will be invited is another matter. That's the wonder of time and history.

In the past, general public would be invited for an event. Then came referral rules. You need to work to earn your event tickets. Then you need to work and win a lottery to earn your tickets.

Who says that event tickets will not be more stringent this time?

Lottery for current owners:

We're excited to share details of the Model 3 prototype unveiling at an intimate event in Los Angeles, CA for less than 800 people.

We want to share this with Tesla owners first, as a token of our appreciation for your support over the years. We've saved 650 places at the event for current owners including their guests.

Places will be allocated at random through a drawing on March 16. To enter, simply click below and register before noon PST on March 16 2016. You'll need to use your MyTesla email address to ensure successful entry into the lottery. On March 17, official invitations will go out to those selected through the lottery.

Model 3 reservations will open in Tesla stores on March 31 at 10am PST, as well as online immediately when the event (which will also be accessible via a live stream) begins. As a current owner who has supported Tesla and our mission, your reservation will take priority and be placed ahead of non-owners.

Thanks again for your support. Good luck!

The Tesla Team