Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still at 17.17.4 - AP2 w/AP convenience features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I am still at 17.17.4 now for a few months it seems now. I see others have gotten one or two updates since.

Its an AP2 HW car but wilh only AP(1) convenience features enabled I believe. It was an inventory car - and I don't see upgrading to FSD (or EAP) in My Tesla.

Anyone else with this combination that have a newer firmware?

Thanks for the tip I called them and they saw the car was actually trying to get a package. The problem could be that I don't connect to wifi (no coverage in common parking garage). But I do have full 4G at work. But also recently I have been using energy saving mode enabled, maybe that does something too.

I recommend rebooting your instrument cluster and center information display (by holding both sets of buttons on the steering whee until they reboot).

I wasn't getting updates for a while; once I did this I got one OTA in just a few hours. I suspect they sometimes get "hung" partially downloaded and need a kick.

Can't hurt to set always connected for a day or two either.

Thanks both I will try those things too. It does sounds like I need to do some wifi hotspot sessions from time to time mabye. I tried yesterday, and I actually think it downloaded a 2-300 MBs but it was likely not enough but I couldn't drive around any longer just to let it get more data down. :)

I believe I have always connected on all the time, but do use Energy Saving on.