Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still expecting June Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats ironic, same day I posted this thread, I get a text from Tesla that says:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 7 days...

I wonder what that means as it pertains to actual delivery.

It means nothing, I got a text 2 weeks ago that said they expected my car to be built in 10 days, and nothing happened.

Yesterday I got the new 7 day text.

Blue/black, LR, FSD, 20”
Ordered 1 May
Vin 7 Jun
Text 12 Jun
Pick up 18 Jun
Rockville MD location

Soooo... did you pick up your car yet? I visited the Rockville location around lunchtime today to peruse the inventory (I have the blue/black/20" on order, re-activating in July), just to reassure myself I picked the right color (goal met - staying with blue). I saw several cars prepped for pickup (blue/induction, msm/induction, white/gemini), along with 5 other MYs on the lot (all white/blue/msm).

Still nothing; I went to the delivery center to see if they had a deeper dive into the system, but all they could do is say the profile's complete but no action was pending. Yet, they still are confident delivery in the next 12 days.

We'll see.

How are you paying? Someone had a tip in one of the other threads that if you are using self sourced financing that you should send your loan pre-approval to [email protected] (I think) and that can accelerate your VIN assignment.

Ugh new text

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 7 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday
You are almost done . I've received same text last Sunday, yesterday they post the appointment date with the VIN Number. (6/23).
good luck

Soooo... did you pick up your car yet? I visited the Rockville location around lunchtime today to peruse the inventory (I have the blue/black/20" on order, re-activating in July), just to reassure myself I picked the right color (goal met - staying with blue). I saw several cars prepped for pickup (blue/induction, msm/induction, white/gemini), along with 5 other MYs on the lot (all white/blue/msm).

I got it today. You saw mine getting prepped for sure.

I posted my comments in the “....happy with your car” thread.

We are super happy. It is a blast to drive.

Minor fit/finish issues that I will request they fix. Odd delivery experience compared with my previous cars.

Colorado here...

I got all the texts (June/delay, 2-4 weeks, yada yada). Got the call from SC in Vegas confirming all the details. 2 days later got the personal call from the Superior Colorado SC (manager no less!) confirming im ready. DID NOT get the "your car will be built in 7 days" text. Didnt hear anything else. Nada. So called Superior Colorado SC and they went through my file and said "we still think you are all set and should get something soon". That was 3 days ago. I check source code 700 times a day and nothing. Nothing has changed. Ordered two identical MSM/white performance vehicles with only the SC as different. Ordered 4/22/20 and May 28th. It would make me very happy to at least get a damn VIN so I can stop wasting my day searching source codes. Come on Telsa, lets move!

• Funny
Reactions: Hawkstrike